Associate Director-Solutions Specialist
Job Description The North American Insurance sales team requires an ambitious and driven individual to provide technical advisory support and to help drive client engagement within our highly experienced and diversified team across the US and Canada. This involves understanding insurers' needs in terms of accounting, impairment, and financial reporting, undertaking detailed demonstrations and presentations, and performing bespoke analysis to map business needs/challenges with the different solutions offered by Moody's. Possibility to take on further responsibility with experience, as well as to contribute to the thought leadership and technical direction of the team.
Solutions Specialists are charged with the development of business from their respective territories and product(s). They support the sales process by further qualifying prospects identified by the sales team, and by assisting with sales cycles to closure. In addition, Solutions Specialists work closely with Product Strategy and other groups to create value for our clients through improved product quality and new product development.
Your responsibilities include:
- Creating and presenting the Moody's Analytics IFRS17, LDTI and actuarial value proposition to prospective clients
- Answering functional and technical queries of RFIs and RFPs
- Assisting Sales in responding to technical related queries
- Generating pre-sales support documents
- Performing presentations and demonstrations of the software solutions to prospects and clients
- Building and maintaining use cases and demonstration setups of specific software modules
- Preparing and conducting product workshops and/or proof of concepts on clients/prospect sites
- Working closely with product management and marketing team
- Knowledge sharing with EMEA and APAC solution specialist (or equivalent teams)
- Assisting outside consulting partners during the sales process
- Position requires travel which is largely self-managed and planned in advance (approximately 50% of your time).
- Degree in Accounting, Actuarial Science, IT or Engineering with relevant experience in an insurance environment with either insurance companies, software companies, consulting firms or integrators preferred
- Strong IT skills with a good understanding of information systems and 3 tiers systems integration
- Functional skills in Accounting or Actuarial modelling desired
- Highly organized with excellent presentation skills
- A good team player and enjoy interacting with people in a multicultural environment
- An ability to quickly incorporate feedback, learn, pivot and adapt to various sales environments
- Must be prepared to travel extensively (up to 50%), though generally self-directed
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.