Associate, Developer (Security Analytics Infrastructure) - New York
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success. Who We Are
Security Analytics Infrastructure (SAI) is a key Technology Platform team within BlackRock's Financial Modeling Group. We are focused like a laser beam on the implementation and optimization of a wide variety of models, including Climate Risk, Agency Mortgages, Structured Credit and CMBS. We are also responsible for turning raw model outputs such as interest rate projections and prepayment speeds into analytics including yields, spreads, durations and Greeks, as well as for crafting and evolving the APIs through which models are invoked by downstream applications.
SAI is a global team distributed across Europe, Asia and New York whose collegial culture values openness, creativity and an attention to detail bordering on the fanatical. The analytical engine we own is woven deeply into BlackRock's investment and risk management systems. It is also a critical component of the Aladdin Platform, which serves as an operating system for institutional investors across many regions and industries. What You Will Be Doing
What We Look For
- Quantitative Development: Maintain and improve existing cashflow generators for securitized products such as pass-throughs, CMOs and CLOs, as well as prepayment, severity and default models. Expand product and market coverage to address evolving client needs by implementing and releasing new models and analytics.
- Analytical Infrastructure: Optimize analytical engines to turbo-charge performance and make previously intractable use cases feasible. Refactor code to improve its testability, modularity and scalability. Design APIs to provide clients with new ways to leverage our models.
- Research: Keep abreast of recent technological trends such as cloud native and GPUs. Create value by bringing them to bear on the thorniest problems faced by the business.
- A Degree in a Technical Field: An undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree is a plus, but intellectual curiosity matters more than formal qualifications.
- A Passion for Programming: Programming sits at the heart of everything we do. You must thoroughly enjoy it to succeed on this team.
- Exposure to an "industrial strength" Programming Language: While C++ is our language of choice, experience with writing performance-critical production code is what we are after.
- An Analytical Cast of Mind: Whether you have a PhD in Physics or merely read Math and CS books for fun, a keen interest in using technology to solve quantitative problems is key.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You will need to communicate clearly and effectively with far-flung colleagues and will be called upon to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences in simple, intuitive terms.
- A Sense of Humor: We don't take ourselves too seriously. Hopefully, neither do you.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.