Associate Data Strategy & Operations
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Associate Data Strategy & Operations
The Role: Global Ratings Data Office is seeking a an experienced Data Associate to join the Credit Default team
The Location: New York
You will join a team of data professionals that is responsible for the data management operations for various default and recovery data assets across S&P Global Ratings. The data sets support research studies, regulatory filings, criteria research and Market Intelligence products across all sectors. The team ensures that the data managed is accessible and useable for all internal business partners and external clients. The team partners with the Data Services team and analytic business partners to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are achieved while maintaining accuracy and completeness. The group is part of the Ratings Content Team which is responsible for all data maintenance activities as it relates to the ratings enterprise database, analytic workflow tools and downstream Market Intelligence products.
This role will assist in the data management and delivery of default data for BAU and project activities. The Data Associate will be responsible for managing data based on internal processes, guidelines and best practices in a deadline driven environment.
What's in it for you:
- Apply your data analyst skills and time management skills to meet daily workflow responsibilities
- Develop your data management skills, critical thinking skills, technical skills, communication skills and business acumen
- Collaborate with data, technical and analytic professionals across the organization on BAU items in addition to project work
- Complete daily data management activities utilizing internal data management workflow tools and databases
- Meet strict deadlines
- Learn and apply data management business rules and quality standards related to the U.S. Public Finance, Structured Finance and Corporate data sets
- Quality test data using internal tools and data sources
- Understand ratings data definitions and understand the ratings and reference data related to the ratings release process
- Utilize business intelligence tools to complete quality testing and improve reporting
- Assist in ad-hoc research activities
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-5 years of relevant data management experience, preferably at a financial services company or rating agency or recent graduates with data experience
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Experience running Toad queries
- Experience with BI reporting tools (Qlikview or MicroStrategy)
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.