Associate, Corporate Sustainability
Description About this role Associate, Corporate Sustainability - Project Management, Stakeholder Engagement, Disclosure
BlackRock's Corporate Sustainability Team is responsible for integrating sustainability into BlackRock's corporate operations, strategy and disclosures. The Associate will play a critical role in project managing and implementing BlackRock's corporate sustainability strategy and will support the team's stakeholder engagement, employee engagement, and disclosure initiatives. Primary Responsibilities
- Coordinate and project manage cross-functional working groups and committees related to BlackRock's corporate sustainability policies, procedures, and strategy including environmental sustainability, supply chain sustainability, employee engagement, and disclosure
- Develop agendas and materials to support working group discussions; support and track follow ups
- Conduct research on corporate sustainability best practices and perform peer benchmarking analysis on specific corporate sustainability topics, issue areas, and trends
- Provide support to team priorities related to BlackRock's corporate sustainability strategy, stakeholder engagement, employee engagement and data reporting and disclosure
- Support senior colleagues in the development of work plans and timelines to execute of cross-functional and strategic projects
Corporate Sustainability Disclosure
- Support the development and compilation of BlackRock's corporate sustainability disclosures and corporate sustainability reporting including disclosures aligned to SASB and TCFD
- Support the development and maintenance of content for BlackRock's corporate sustainability website
- Respond to corporate sustainability-related client surveys/RFPs, and provide information for investor or internal stakeholder inquiries related to BlackRock's ESG ratings
- Support BlackRock's responses to key ESG ratings surveys and questionnaires
- Work with BlackRock's internal communications team to develop content for employee education and engagement, intranet articles and blogs
- Create talking points and PowerPoint presentations on relevant policy or market-related sustainability developments
- Stay abreast of emerging corporate sustainability trends and best practices and share relevant information with applicable internal stakeholders in an accessible and compelling fashion.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in asset management, financial services, or sustainability
- Strong project management and organizational skills including the ability to meet aggressive deadlines, communicate progress, and flag issues effectively
- Strong attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously while prioritizing the most pressing and impactful matters
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm for rolling up sleeves to build new processes and strategies
- Ability to communicate effectively within a team and across business units
- Strong interpersonal skills; enjoys working in a cross-functional team-oriented environment
- High level of independence, ability to innovate, work under pressure and comfortable taking ownership and primary responsibility for deliverables
- Passion for sustainability and sustainable investing
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.