Associate, Business Manager
Description About this role
The Global Consultant Relations ("GCR") group is responsible for driving new business through relationships with institutional investment consultants and request for proposals, GCR is represented globally across the US & Canada, EMEA, and APAC.
GCR is seeking a motivated professional to join our Strategy & Business Management team in New York. The successful candidate will drive business reporting, data analysis and projects related to consultant-intermediated business, and support on strategic reporting and presentations. You will be an essential part of the team, driving our narrative and intelligence reporting for the broader business. This role will give you the opportunity to collaborate with all groups across the firm and develop knowledge of the consultant/client business and our investment solutions while building valuable leadership skills. Key Responsibilities:
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Own and analyze data to identify trends and key drivers in consultant-intermediated business (AUM, flows, revenues, meeting activity, client wins / losses, market intel etc.)
- Produce detailed reports for senior management highlighting key changes, takeaways, and insights to enable GCR leadership to execute on, and track progress against, the team's objectives
- Support senior leaders by drafting reporting/presentations, as well as tactical and strategic projects
- Present and communicate data in a clear and concise manner; not only to senior leaders, but to the broader GCR team and partner teams as needed
- Work with broader GCR, Financial Planning & Analysis, other USCA COO and partner teams to identify efficiencies, streamline production and accuracy of financial data
- Enhance existing reporting processes with a focus on simplification, automation, visualization and improved communication
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Evidence of success in related field, preferably in the financial services sector; working knowledge of the asset management and/or financial services industry preferred; cross-functional experience in finance and/or technology a plus
- Understanding of institutional investment marketplace and interest in financial markets
- Experience managing data processes, with advanced Excel and Tableau skills preferred
- Ability to analyze and extract valuable insights for management
- Proven ability to influence, drive decision-making, and manage through complexity
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
- Effective teammate who is able to work with professionals at all levels
- High level of self-motivation with strong integrity and ethics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.