Associate, Business Management and Strategy
Description About this role Overview:
The Institutional Client Business COO team is responsible for articulating and executing against the strategic direction of ICB and leading the operating cadence of the business.
The team supports executive, sales segment and functional leadership to develop a deep understanding of our business performance and competitive landscape, communicate the story of business to internal and external constituencies, build and execute on business and resourcing plans, and lead a range of initiatives to shape our business' go-forward trajectory.
This role will primarily be responsible for driving technology strategy throughout ICB and partnering with key stakeholders to ensure that all parties are aligned in executing on ICB's technology priorities. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive technology strategy throughout the Institutional Client Business (US/Canada)
- Play a leadership role in sales campaign management, particularly digital lead generation. Manage initiatives from ideation through implementation; identify strengths and areas for improvement, and implement changes accordingly
- Support strategic initiatives throughout the client business, focusing on organizational strategy and execution, communications, and business management
- Liaise with stakeholders end users, gather feedback, and project manage to drive implementation and enhancements across the platform
- Hold regular team meetings to manage progress and address any challenges or questions
- Create process documentation for existing manual tasks to transition to third-party contractors
- Collaborate with technical personnel in their tasks and ensure all stakeholders are aligned and actively working toward established milestones
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant industry experience, preferably with emphasis in strategy, business management, or technology
- Strong technical background - experience in Tableau, Power BI, or other data visualization dashboards; introductory knowledge of SQL and/or Python preferred
- Strong proficiency and demonstrated experience working in all Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Superior interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and partner at all seniority levels and regions
- Exemplary time management and organizational skills, and experience establishing guidelines for others
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and promoting a teamwork mentality
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, we help millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives by making investing easier and more affordable.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.