- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17
Associate Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAThis position is a part of Moody's Ratings Business Solutions or Corporate Systems teams, which
focus on the business side of application and product development. The Ratings Business Solutions and
Corporate Systems teams work on all of our software applications, and participate in key long term development
projects. This position is also part of MIT's Business Analysis Job Family.
Functional Responsibilities: As a whole, this team is responsible for product design, testing, release notes, and
improving the overall Product Development and Quality Assurance process. This position may require some or all
of these responsibilities. In addition, this position may be partially staffed on specific projects, which have more
varied responsibilities. Specific responsibilities for the position may include:
• Independently managing requirements- and design-related activities for smaller, less complex projects and
supporting the requirements and design-related activities for large or more complex projects.
• Supporting Business Relationship Management activities by maintaining a strong understanding of Moody's
business processes, strategies, market dynamics and competitive landscape as well as IT capabilities and
capacity, filtering and prioritizing customer demand, and collaborating in the initiation and development of
• Supporting Business Requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis for product and initiatives with
respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design, and user interface
designs within and across Moody's systems, and documenting detailed business requirements or Business
System Concept documents for viable projects with the assistance of the Business and other IT staff.
• Supporting Quality Assurance and Testing activities by validating QA script accuracy and coverage,
facilitating User Acceptance Testing, user training and the assessment of the business's operational
readiness for any new systems that will be deployed, and maintaining and executing test cases and scenarios
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
This position works as a liaison between Moody's business groups and software developers.
• BA/BS in engineering, science, math, operations research, or related field (other majors are welcome to
• Masters degree preferred.
The key competencies for this position include:
• Technical skills (programming experience helpful but not required).
• Very good communication skills.
• The ability to multi-task.
• The ability to work independently and on a team.
• Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, meticulous and responsible.
• Must be good at problem-solving
• Should have methodical & creative thought processes.
• The ability to quickly and effectively adjust priorities and goals in changing circumstances.
• Project management skills (managing risks, status reporting, etc) for multi-disciplinary, multi-phase IT
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.