Associate, Bond Pricing Securitized Products
IHS Markit's Securitized Products Pricing group provides independent evaluated pricing across Non-agency RMBS, Agency CMOs, Agency Pass-throughs, Consumer ABS, CMBS, European ABS, CDOs and CLOs. IHS Markit's services are used by key financial institutions to help them optimize their price verification, audit and risk management processes. The group is based in New York with teams in London and Noida. Position summary:
An opportunity exists for an evaluator in the Securitized Products pricing team. The position will primarily include covering Mortgage Backed Securities as well as the potential for involvement across other areas of the product. Duties & accountabilities:
- Evaluate and generate cash flows and prices of Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) on a daily basis using internal and industry tools.
- Utilize market color and information from Markit Parsing to better our pricing offering and accurately reflect changes in the market by adjusting assumptions and refining inputs
- Adjust daily pricing assumptions to reflect security performance in current market conditions
- Assess relative value for securities by analyzing collateral market trends, prepayments, defaults, severity, OAS, variability in bond cashflows, and comparisons with other markets
- Review and create weekly research on Securitized Products; apply findings to pricing methodology and assumptions.
- Handle customer queries on pricing, methodology and other related matters
- Be able to work within Securitized Products and the broader organization to effectuate change and identify cross-selling or synergistic opportunities
- Ability to multi-task and enhance the group's productivity by leveraging automation where applicable
- Work with the Markit development team to build out and improve daily processes and enhance internal systems
- Degree in Finance, Math, Engineering, Accounting, Economics is preferred
- Strong Excel and technical skills preferred
- Knowledge of securitized products or fixed income products
- Knowledge of Intex Calc, Trpp, eMBS
- VBA / SQL a plus but not required
- Must be a self-starter and team player and maintain a strong work ethic
- Ability to work and function in high pressured situations
- Ability to digest market information and articulate to all levels in a structured and understandable way
- Strong speaking and writing skills, and will be called upon to deal with client price challenges in a professional manner, clearly articulating our methodology and response to inquiries about pricing levels
- Must be willing and able to work effectively with others within the team and across other products
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.