- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Banker SAFE Act
Associate Banker SAFE Act
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Private Client Coverage
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19005911
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Brief Description of the Organization CBNA is the primary legal entity for Citi, providing products and services to consumers, financial institutions and corporate clients around the world. In the past, Citi has provided most of its internal reporting on a business by business basis. With the changes in the regulatory environment, strong legal entity reporting and governance has become essential. This team is responsible for ensuring that CBNA has the appropriate governance and control infrastructure to meet the demand for legal entity planning, execution, information management and the ever-evolving regulatory environment.
The Associate Banker role is an integral part of the sales organization of Citi Private Bank. The Associate Banker assists the Private Bankers to develop and deepen client relationships in order to thoroughly understand the client situation and utilize that knowledge to develop tailored wealth management strategies. The role is a pipeline to becoming a Private Banker.
The Associate Banker is responsible for three main activities: 1) New Client & Business Development; 2) Sales Support / Relationship Management and 3) Compliance and Controls.
1) New Client & Business Development
- Assist the Banker in the creation of sales and marketing strategies designed to generate revenue growth
- Prospecting - conduct new client / prospect research, generate leads and develop prospects, network to identify referrals to new clients / prospects, and coordinate client events
- Assist the Banker in profiling, qualifying, and converting prospects into CPB clients
- Identify new investment opportunities with existing clients
- Assist the Banker in delivering investment solutions that meet the clients needs.
- Client/Prospect meetings - organize pre-call planning, organizing post-meeting debriefs, and maintain all client call records including call reports
2) Sales Support / Relationship Management
- Serve as a back-up to the Banker; demonstrate subject matter expertise in investments
- Assist the Banker in creating, organizing, and implementing a wealth management strategy designed to deepen relationships with existing clients
- Provide accurate and timely revenue tracking and deal pipeline reports and other relevant information to the Banker
- Maintain appropriate levels of contact with clients to assist the Banker in revising the strategy based on clients' needs and changes in the markets
- Handle complex client inquiries and resolve issues unrelated to service and account opening
3) Compliance and Controls
- Investment Objective Setting (IOS) - collect and confirm from Bankers the client's investment objectives setting and risk tolerance. Assist with annual attestation process and suitability reviews
- Liaise with Client Account Officers to ensure all appropriate KYC and other aspects of client records and documentation are completed and updated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to escalate issues to management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, team work and analytical skills
- Ability to think logically and critically about client needs and generate creative solutions when required
- Familiarity with investment and economic concepts
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to set a high standard of meeting deliverables
- Highly developed attention to detail including follow-up and follow-through with tasks and requests
- Ability to multitask in a high pressure environment and work under tight deadlines
- Proven ability to learn on the job and comfortable working in an environment where policies and procedures change regularly
- Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, compliance and marketing
- Knowledge of investment, banking and credit products desirable
- FINRA Series 7, 66 (or 63 & 65)