Associate, Analytic Quality and Validation
Associate, Analytic Quality and Validation Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Location:
New York City The Team:
Criteria Validation Group (CVG) The Impact:
The Criteria Validation Group (CVG) is responsible for the validation of proposed new or revised ratings criteria. We provide high-value analysis by drawing upon both fundamental credit skills as well as qualitative and quantitative testing (e.g., back-testing and benchmarking) to ensure that proposed new or revised ratings criteria are well researched and reasoned, while also effective in differentiating creditworthiness and producing credit ratings consistent with established ratings definitions. What's in it for you:
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Work in a dynamic environment in a team that has global, cross-sector responsibilities.
- Opportunity to work in a collegial culture with good potential for professional development and career growth.
- Personal initiative, independence, strong time management skills, and an inquisitive mindset are emphasized, providing the perfect environment for highly motivated individuals.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $83,200 to $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Working with more senior colleagues, conducting various statistical and quantitative analyses in the evaluation of ratings criteria, including back-testing and stress testing to verify the soundness of the assumptions and calibration with established benchmarks and ratings definitions.
- Contributing to validation reports for new or revised ratings criteria and helping present and defend validation conclusions and any findings to working groups and relevant approving bodies.
- Initially with supervision, performing ongoing periodic validation of existing ratings criteria and producing related validation reports by analyzing historical rating performance statistical measures and other supporting information that inform the fitness for purpose based on discriminatory power, predictive power, and historical robustness.
- Assisting the review of proposed changes to ratings criteria articles to assess materiality/consistency and producing related validation reports.
- Producing robust assessments of ratings criteria includes researching internal and external sources of data and information, both on macroeconomic and on sector-specific levels.
- Contributing to the continuing research and development of new tools for the quantitative and qualitative analyses used for ratings criteria validation, and to the wider continuing development of the team and the overall validation function.
- Participating in special projects, as needed.
- Displaying well-rounded communication skills that implement good listening techniques, clear and concise writing style, as well as strong verbal skills.
- Displaying skill at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, Statistics/Data Science/Mathematics or other relevant program.
- 2+ years of full-time relevant work experience in debt capital markets, quantitative finance, or credit analysis/research.
- Strong data gathering/data modeling experience.
- Strong proficiency with Excel & VBA, financial models and financial data.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and their relationship to S&P Global products.
- Diligent and intellectually curious self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed.
- Well-rounded communication skills that implement strong listening techniques, clear, concise writing style, and strong verbal skills.
- Works well in a team environment, focusing on collaboration and adapting to the demands of a diverse team.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks and adhering to regular deadlines.
- Strong background in quantitative modeling and statistical inference.
About S&P Global Ratings
- MBA or another relevant post-graduate degree is a plus
- Strong proficiency with MATLAB, R, and/or Python is a plus.
- Strong proficiency using scripted query languages is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience in data science, modeling, or related field is a plus.
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), ANLYTC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
261907 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States