Associate Analyst /CSR
Job Description The Associate Analyst will undertake research and provide technical support to the Default and Ratings Analytics (DRA) team within Credit Strategy and Standards (CSS). Team
The DRA team is responsible for all default and ratings analysis required for management and regulatory reports, as well as research publications. Role/Responsibilities:
The Associate Analyst will:
- Support senior analysts in data analysis and graphics
- Apply data visualization techniques for graphics in research publications
- Develop and apply algorithms for data mining
2. Process, clean, and verify data for default and ratings performance research
- Collect & Analyze structured/unstructured data on default and impairments.
- Enhance existing data collection process including assessing the effectiveness of new data sources and improving data gathering techniques.
- Analyze large amounts of ratings and default data to discover trends and patterns
- Bachelor's Degree in math, statistics, data science, finance, economics or other quantitative fields with two years relevant work experience or Master's Degree in same fields.
- Strong quantitative and data visualization skills
- Solid data mining experience with large datasets.
- Hands on experience with Python, R, SQL and/or MATLAB.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as D3.js, GGplot, Tableau, Flourish etc.
- Prior working experience with Bloomberg, Factiva, and Haver data and knowledge of machine learning techniques would be a plus.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and function in a support role.
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.