- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3
Location: New York, NY, USARole/Responsibilities :
The successful candidate will work in the Ratings & Process Oversight Group to provide support to the team enhancing ratings quality and promoting cross-sector methodology consistency across all lines of business. They group will accomplish this by providing credit rating process best practices, interacting with Ratings & Research (R&R) to drive standardization and will be main point of contact for regulatory requests related to the ratings process.
• Assist in the preparation and management of portfolio reviews by, among other things, gathering and analyzing data, preparing charts, updating or running financial models, sourcing other analytical information, and helping to prepare required documentation.
• Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies to assist analysts in applying them to rating analyses.
• Attend rating committees as a non-voting member
• Build and maintain relationships with key contacts from various departments in the firm (e.g., default research, Credit Strategy and Research, Ratings and Research, financial writers and editors, etc.).
• Work with a team of analysts on various analytical, statistical and data projects. Utilize SQL, Excel, or MATLAB to query and manipulate large data sets to conduct data analysis.
• Serve as a "go to" person for special ad hoc projects while concurrently maintaining high performance in core responsibilities.
• Assist in conducting quantitative default and recovery research where appropriate: Assist in conducting credit research and analysis.
• Understand and learn how to use complex financial models, spreadsheets and analytical databases, as applicable to each line of business. Liaise with data providers within Moody's
Credit Strategy and Standards - Ratings and Process Oversight
Requirements and Qualifications .
• Bachelor's degree required, preferably in accounting, finance or related fields
- Strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and function in a support role.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workflow/priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Bloomberg.
- Experience with querying languages such as SQL.
- Data mining experience with large financial databases.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.