- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Nov 17
Associate Analyst 3
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities
The initial focus in this job will be on data, quantitative and cash flow analysis and will include all or some of the following functions:
- Assist in the preparation and management of rating committees and deal reviews by gathering and analyzing data, running models, sourcing analytical information, preparing charts, and helping to prepare required documentation.
- Understand and learn how to use complex financial models, spreadsheets and analytical databases.
- Work with a team of analysts on various analytical, statistical and data projects. Utilize SQL, Excel, or MATLAB to query and manipulate large data sets to conduct data analysis.
- Using VB Script, SQL, C++, and other development tools, contribute to increasing automation and efficiency of the rating and monitoring process through development of macros, tools, and other process optimization techniques.
- Develop an understanding of Moody's methodologies to assist analysts in applying them to rating analyses. Analyze transaction documents with lead analysts for the purpose of determining credit risk and ratings
This job description is issued as a guideline to assist you in your duties, it is not exhaustive. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description according to the needs of the business.
The successful candidate will join our SFG team in New York City, which is responsible for rating Structured Credit, ABS, and other types of transactions.
The Structured Finance Group ( SFG ) reviews a wide range of securitization structures, including collateralized loan obligations (CLOs) and asset-backed securitizations (ABS).
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Financial Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics.
- 0-2 years of finance-related analytical experience, preferably involving collateralized loan obligations and other structured credit products.
- Strong academic record (both graduate and undergraduate).
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills including VBA mandatory. Ability to use MATLAB or R, Microsoft Visual Studio with C/C++ code, Microsoft Access or SQL is a positive.
- Knowledge of, and practical experience in, financial/bond markets and cash flow modeling is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication capabilities, ability to manage multiple projects, work closely with others as well as independently to produce accurate, detailed work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is a must.
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.