Associate Analyst 2 (Covenant Team)
Job Description The Associate Analyst 2 will play a key role on the Corporate Finance team, by conducting critical analysis and providing support for the foundational work of Moody's research.
The successful candidate will p rovide day-to-day support to the SVP - Head of Covenant Research and VP - senior covenant officers in New York by:
- drafting Covenant Quality Assessments, which provide a detailed analysis of the negative covenants and other significant investor protections in all material high yield bonds and leveraged loans issued into the North American market
- drafting topical and trend-related research on the high yield bond and leveraged loan markets
- maintaining the covenant databases
- preparing statistical graphs, tables and spreadsheets to allow analysis of covenant trends, in conjunction with senior team members
- generating research slide decks for use in external and internal meetings
- fielding investor queries regarding Covenant Quality Assessments and other published research
- being an active team member in ad hoc projects
- working with global team members, as required
Training on legal concepts will be provided and prior experience with the drafting and review of bond indentures and credit agreements is preferred but not necessary. Knowledge and experience of debt capital markets is required.
- Strong academics with a BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- MBA or Masters in Finance and/or previous credit analysis experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills: vlookup, hlookup, pivot tables, and macros
- Knowledge of PowerPoint; adept at creating decks for internal and external usage
- Familiar with Bloomberg and FACTSET
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workflow/priorities
- Knowledge of accounting and statistics
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Attentive to detail
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.