- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 2
Location: New York, NY, USAWe are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Methodology Framework Group-Structured Finance within the Methodology Development Group (MDG).
The role will provide a wide range of analytical and some organizational support on projects relating to rating methodology covering Structured Finance asset classes and regions.
This role requires a strong academic background with experience in financial, credit risk, or other quantitative analysis. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong communication, analytical and organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail and enjoy working in a collaborative and international team environment.
This AA2 position provides a unique opportunity to foster analytical and credit skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Demonstrate interest in understanding rating methodologies used by the Structured Finance Group
- Support senior members of the team with projects to ensure timely completion and effective execution
- Collect and analyze asset class related data
- Regularly work with some modelling tools or models and certain run sensitivity analysis
- Draft presentations and support documentation
- Assist with ad-hoc quantitative or analytical tasks
The Methodology Development Group (MDG) at Moody's is responsible for developing and publishing all new methodologies and revisions to existing methodologies, as well as the related models, scorecards and analytical tools used in MIS. MDG includes the Methodology Framework Group and the Document Process Group.
The Methodology Framework Group (MFG) leads the analytical development of methodologies and scorecards and acts as the principal point of contact for R&R in the development process. MFG is split into two teams; MFG-Fundamental team that covers sector and cross-sector methodologies in CFG, FIG, PPIF and Sovereigns and MFG-SFG team for sector and cross-sector methodologies in SFG.
- Bachelor's degree in listed or related fields with a least 1 to 2 years of relevant job experience, or a master's degree in Finance, Economics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field
- Experience should include conducting structured finance transaction analysis and risk analysis
- Good knowledge of Excel, VBA, or SQL
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.