United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund – Office of Investment Management
Org. Setting and Reporting
The United Nations Secretary-General is responsible for the investment of the assets of the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund (UNJSPF). The Secretary-General has delegated this responsibility to the Representative of the Secretary-General for the investment of the assets of the UNJSPF (RSG). The RSG is, in turn, assisted in this function by the Office of Investment Management (OIM). OIM manages a $80+ billion multi-asset class, global investment portfolio, about 85% of which is actively managed in-house. Asset classes under management comprise global equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, private equity, real estate, infrastructure, timber and commodities. OIM’s staff are all based in New York but come from over 30 countries. For more information please visit OIM's website at https://oim.unjspf.org/.
This position is located in the Operations Section of OIM. The incumbent will report to the Accountant Middle Office and work under general guidance of the Chief, Operations Section.
Within delegated authority Associate Accountant will be responsible for complex operational functionalities in the trade order management system and in the communication with counterparties such as Brokers and Custodian. More specifically, the Associate Accountant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Reviews, reconciles, and processes a range of transactions on a regular and recurring basis in the trade order management system.
- Responsible for the issuance and control of post-trade matching set-up in the order management system, to ensure compliance with the UNJSPF Rules and processes.
- Assists with the preparation and reconciliation of unmatched trades for multiple accounts on a daily basis.
- Reviews and evaluates financial reports from brokers and custodians with a view to identifying anomalies and unusual trends. Initiates corrective action.
- Assists in ensuring that accurate brokers’ commissions and market fees transactions, reporting and internal control systems for all post trades activities are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained.
- Plans and works with the counterparties, in the installation and administration of communication processes.
- Researches and analyses information needed to respond to audit findings.
- Supervises staff as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A first-level university degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field. Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience in finance, or investment operations is required.
- Experience in post trade operational functions, using Bloomberg AIM or other trade order management systems is desirable.
- Experience using post trade matching platforms such as OMGEO or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience in cash and position reconciliation is desirable.
Applicants are urged to carefully follow all instructions available in the online recruitment platform, Inspira. Please go to https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=159964&Lang=en-US to apply.