- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate - Sales Development Representative
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Associate - Sales Development Representative is responsible for assisting with the growth of our sales pipeline through lead generation and inside sales activities, within the Credit Solutions Sales team. The SDR role is a position within the Moody's Analytics sales force that presents an excellent opportunity to join our team and immediately contribute. Within the framework of enlarging our client base and increasing product penetration among our clients, you will be responsible for working with a team of Relationship and Account Managers that oversee the Moody's Research, as well as public, private and commercial real estate probability of default models. Moody's Analytics sales force is organized to emphasize a team sales culture. The SDR will work with the Credit Solutions sales team to identify new sales through various cold-calling campaigns, networking through existing accounts, and other prospecting efforts.
What does a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Moody's Analytics do?
As a SDR, you will be responsible for:
- Lead cold calling campaigns on different subjects/products to identify new contacts and generate leads by pitching Moody's Analytics products.
- Conduct research to develop target account contact information and account intelligence to generate an understanding of customer needs and requirements that can inform sales prospecting and/or marketing program strategies
- Qualify leads and redirect to the appropriate sales professional for further development: educating rep as necessary about the lead/opportunity
- You will interact with both internal teams and external prospects, therefore diligence, attention to detail, multi-tasking and prioritization are keys to success in this role.
- Drive sales growth by sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Perform introductory product descriptions on the phone to prospects and identify accounts who use or would benefit from using Moody's ratings.
- Design and deploy focused sales campaigns aimed at expanding Moody's presence and brand in specific market niches
- Utilize CRM software to track and measure all sales activity
Credit Solutions Teams: The Credit Solutions Team is responsible for maintaining and growing a book of business comprised of Moody's Research, associated data products, and our three probability of default models: CreditEdge, RiskCalc, and Commercial Mortgage Metrics. The Credit Solutions team both works in close coordination with Moody's Relationship Managers on strategic accounts as well as managing a large number of non-strategic accounts.
- Bachelors' degree in finance, economics or related area required
- 1-3 years' experience in a sales role is a bonus. Minimum of 1 year work experience is required
- Comfortable on the phone and managing objections
- Clear written and verbal communication skills: inquisitive and asking questions skills required
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to diagnose issues and develop solutions
- Ability to multi-task and to meet short deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, with focus and high attention to detail
- Motivated by goal attainment and performance measurement
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Proficiency with the Internet, MS Office, CRM applications
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.