- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate - Investment Grade Credit Strategy
Associate - Investment Grade Credit Strategy
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Research
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18059423
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
A Research associate in the investment grade credit strategy team.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Citi Research is a highly rated research unit comprising more than 300 research analysts in more than 30 locations around the world. Citi Research provides its client with fundamental analysis on more than 3,000 companies, representing over 90 percent of the market capitalization of the major global indices. This is provided alongside economic, macro and quantitative analysis of global markets and sector trends. Combined with Citi's exceptional sales and trading, the core focus of the group is to help investing
clients make informed decisions by providing value-added, independent, insightful analysis.
• Identify and analyze trends in the US high-grade corporate bond market with the goal of producing cutting edge research and trading recommendations. Focus of articles may include credit market valuations, fundamentals, supply, investor flows, and regulatory developments.
• Assist senior members of the team with analysis and data requests.
• Develop and maintain credit strategy data sets, models and tools
• Interact with clients over the phone and in person to share market views and recommendations.
• Have strong analytical skills and the ability to breakdown complex ideas in writing and verbally.
• Knowledge of fixed-income
• Experience working independently and accurately with large data sets
• Some report-writing skills preferred
• Bachelors or graduate-level in a business-related or quantitative field
• 2-4 years of experience in fixed income and/or credit markets
• Proficiency in at least one of the following: SQL, Python, R
• Ability to present analysis of results and suggest course of action for investors
• Interest in financial products and ability to link product performance with overall macro developments
• Good verbal and written communication
• Ability to work to deadlines and be prompt in responding to client queries
• Good presentation and interaction skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• A high degree of comfort with MS office applications
• A methodical approach and strong organisational capabilities.
• Working with data, and testing investment hypothesis
• Verbal and written communication
• Accuracy and great attention to detail
• Ability and willingness to learn quickly about new subjects.