Associate - Investment Banking - Healthcare
: Jefferies Healthcare Group provides a full suite of advisory and capital markets capabilities to clients across a number of sectors, including biotechnology, healthcare services, HCIT, medical technology, and pharmaceuticals. The Healthcare Group consists of a team of approximately 80 bankers focused on providing services to clients in these sectors in North and South America, Europe, and Asia. POSITION:
The Global Healthcare Group is actively looking for experienced Associates for our New York office. Ideally, the candidate would have a PhD in biotechnology or related field. The candidate will be meeting with C-Level type persons and should be able to understand the sector and understand the products. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications REQUIRED BACKGROUND:
- Participate in the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
- Ability to operate as project / deal team lead, driving the work product and transaction processes.
- Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies analyses.
- Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses.
- Build financial / three-statement operating models.
- Conduct industry and product research.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE SKILLS:
- Either (i) an MBA plus 1+ years of investment banking experience as an Associate, a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, 4+ years of investment banking or consulting experience; relevant advisory and healthcare / industry experience.
- Currently living in New York, or willing to relocate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Series 63 & 79 preferred
- Ability to manage a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrated team player and leader.
- Ability to interact with C-Level Executives.
- Ability to know when and how to delegate to Analysts and provide training and guidance.