Associate - Healthcare M&A
As one of the world's largest independent financial advisory groups, we know that it takes a distinct perspective to make a meaningful difference to our clients' business and wealth.
Rothschild & Co is a global and family-controlled group. We provide M&A, strategy and financing advice, as well as investment and wealth management solutions to large institutions, families, individuals and governments, worldwide.
Having been at the centre of the world's financial markets for more than 200 years we can rely on an unrivalled global network of more than 3,800 talented employees and a track-record of outstanding execution with 50 offices around the world.
Our integrated global network of trusted professionals and decision makers around the world provide in-depth market intelligence, meaning we can be closer to current issues than any other global financial institution in our core markets.
It is this scale, local knowledge and intellectual capital that allow us to provide a distinct perspective and effective long-term solutions for our partners. Overview of Role
The New York office focuses on Mergers & Acquisitions, Restructuring and Debt and Equity Capital Markets advisory work across a number of industries. It plays a critical role in helping the firm achieve its objective to be the most successful independent advisory investment bank in the world.
Given the global nature of our firm and broad reach of our M&A practice, this role will involve working collaboratively with colleagues in the North American industry coverage teams and other colleagues globally on international / cross-border projects. Responsibilities
Education and Qualifications
- Execute live deals in Healthcare which may include sell-side M&A, buy-side M&A, spin-offs, split-offs/carve-outs, LBOs, Debt Advisory and Equity Advisory with significant cross-border emphasis
- Financial modelling, valuation, comparable and relative value analyses and market-specific analysis, including modelling three-statement integrated financial models and associated valuation outputs/sensitivities
- Ability to work in a demanding environment while multi-tasking time-sensitive projects
- Conduct extensive quantitative and qualitative economic, industry and company research and analysis
- Spearhead analysis of broad range of corporate finance transactions for reviewing strategic alternatives, optimal capital structure, acquisitions, mergers and equity and debt capital market's events
- Draft client pitches and marketing materials including acquisitions, disposals, mergers, refinancing and equity capital market alternatives, as well as associated internal documentation through coordination with internal and external resources
- Attend client meetings, industry conferences, and external training sessions
- Adhere to all compliance regulations and confidentiality policies
- Contribute to Rothschild's unique firm culture, and recruiting, training and development efforts
Experience, Skills and Competencies Required
- Bachelor's Degree in finance (or similar) from a leading academic institution
- MBA Degree from a leading academic institution
- CFA designation (or candidate) preferred
- 3.5 GPA or above
- The ideal candidate will likely have 3+ years of professional work experience
- Prior experience within a top tier corporate finance adviser/investment bank in M&A required (Healthcare experience preferred)
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative and communication skills
- Experience analyzing financial statements and related data to assess historical financial performance and future outlook for client companies and prospects
- Strong financial modeling skills required; ability to build detailed, fully-integrated financial models and financial projections and analyze the impact of proposed transaction options on the capital structure and cash flows
- Well organized, detailed, and ability to work within tight time frames
- Team player, capable of working in cross-border deal teams
Rothschild & Co North America is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Disabled/Veterans
Notice of applicant rights
Notice of applicant rights (Supplement)
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this career website.