Associate - Business Management
Associate - Business Management The Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 11 The Impact:
The Associate, Business Management role is focused on combining high quality execution ability, attention to detail, strong project management skills and building effective partnerships across the organization. It is responsible for supporting a practice area while maintaining a cross-practice view and striving to drive convergence in the practices processes.
The role has a strong focus on execution and delivering business value. Responsibilities will include supporting practice/function specific projects and leveraging resources across the organization to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations.
In addition to projects, the role will be responsible day-to-day operational support for the practice which includes people planning and shape-of-the-org related activities. Logistical support will also form an important part of the role and includes activities ranging from organizing planning sessions, agendas, and presentations to huddle management and action tracking. What the Hiring Manager Says:
An effective Business Manager will be flexible and able to quickly adapt to new tasks and priorities with the ability to juggle project deliverables with day-to-day accountabilities. While generally practice-specific, the role brings additional value through a strong understanding of the whole business, an effective network of relationships and an appreciation of the cross-functional implications of decisions and actions. A continuous improvement mind-set coupled with role-modeling Lean behaviors will enable the BM to drive a continuous improvement culture across practices and functions and sustain an accelerated pace of execution. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 to 190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Key Responsibilities
Capabilities & Key Attributes
- Support LAM with Business Strategy planning and execution
- Process impact analysis, design and optimization leveraging expert Business Transformation / Lean capabilities
- Design and implementation of KPIs and metrics to achieve objectives
- Resource planning and optimization using capacity management tools
- Leading certain Tier 2 & Tier 3 projects and supporting the Senior Business Manager on more complex initiatives including Tier 4 deployments
- Change management related activities for the practice function that will include implementing IT projects, MAPs, criteria projects and other initiatives that will impact the day-to-day operations
- Producing presentation materials and reports
- Ad-hoc data gathering and analysis
- Problem solving at T2 and T3 level
- Act as a liaison and drive execution of key cross-functional priorities
- Manages relationships with the Operations, Data and Technology and, importantly, Commercial, Finance and HR teams on behalf of the regional practice, with the oversight and support of senior members of Business Management.
Background & Experience
- The role requires a solid understanding of S&P Global Ratings' business, ideally with operational experience. It will be important for the Business Manager to stay current with developments, operations and issues across multiple and diverse business areas.
- A strong customer focus is required which requires understand of who our customers are and how they use our products.
- A strong working knowledge of S&P Lean and Agile roles, processes and philosophy is required. This is critical to role modeling behaviors and developing team capabilities.
- While this role is not a technical one it requires a keen interest and desire to learn about technology and data with a "digital mindset" when thinking about problem solving and engaging partners to deliver solutions.
- Key capabilities include very strong communications skills, influencing skills, and a continuous improvement mindset supported by problem solving skills.
About S&P Global Ratings
- 5+ Years in Industry: Financial Services or related
- Experience working on complex initiatives highly valued
- Exposure to different parts of the organization in a variety of roles preferable
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
260085 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States