- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Associate – Financial Technology Specialist (Client Service Specialist)
Location: New York, NY, USAIn this role, you will be a part of the team that supports our clients in the implementation and application of Moody's Analytics structured finance and credit risk management solutions. This is an opportunity to develop your career in financial services. You will obtain a broad knowledge of structured finance and credit and risk methodologies by working with the latest breed of financial application tools based on world-class financial research. You will also ensure that our products, financial models, and technology are used effectively and appropriately to add value to our clients' businesses.
- Understand and explain complex financial models on conceptual, intuitive, and practical levels
- Develop knowledge of market needs and trends in structured finance
- Analyze complex financial fixed-income instruments and build cash flow models
- Provide thorough quantitative and conceptual solutions to our wide range of clients
- Provide in-depth education and assistance on product features, functionality, and the product technical architecture
- Support clients on the use of our industry leading credit risk and structured finance products in a courteous, professional, accurate, and timely manner via web, email, telephone, and in-person.
- Collaborate cross-functionally within the organization with partners team such as Engineering, Research, Sales, or Product Management
- Originate content for our client Knowledge Base
- Manage and escalate requests appropriately while maintaining ownership of client interaction and delivery of solution
- Track all client interactions using the CRM system
Moody's Analytics division at Moody's is responsible for distributing a wide variety of credit services to a broad target audience among financial market participants. Our product offering includes:
- Credit Ratings
- Valuation Models
- Economic Models
- Fixed Income Research
- Evaluated Pricing
- Economic Data
- Quantitative Risk Products
- Credit Scoring Modelling
- Credit Training
The Client Service team drives engagement through insightful interactions with our clients. We generate value and confidence in our products and solutions to ensure high levels of retention and satisfaction.
- Undergraduate degree with an emphasis in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or related quantitative field
- Master's degree in Quantitative Finance is preferred
- Superb analytical skills and persistence in analytical and technical problem solving
- Client-facing experience within a complex software application context preferred
- Exposure to banking, credit, fixed-income securities, and/or financial markets; client support roles; OR quantitative-driven research preferred
- Experience in using or supporting financial technology, application of quantitative methods, and data analysis
- Ability to understand technically complex problems and find solutions via analysis of application log files, SQL procedures and error messages, and Operating System / Database server diagnostics
- Strong knowledge of Windows-based architectures. Ability to run various Windows diagnostic software and utilize native Windows tools
- Database knowledge (ideally MS SQL Server) and strong database analysis skills
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and other scripting or coding languages preferred
- Proficiency in standard Windows-based applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access)
- Fluency in English is essential
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.