Associate/VP, Distressed Credit Sales
The Credit Sales team covers institutional clients, providing strategic coverage for a variety of fixed income credit products, including corporate bonds, credit default swaps, indices and tranches, correlation-based instruments, and loans The institutional client universe includes insurance companies, pension funds, hedge funds, traditional asset managers, and banks.
Subdivided by product universe, the Credit Sales team is comprised of the Investment Grade, High Yield, Distressed Debt, and Leveraged Loans teams. Each sales group works closely with its respective trading, research and syndicate team to deliver strategic and innovative trade ideas and portfolio solutions to clients. JOB SUMMARY
Within Credit Sales, the Distressed Credit Sales team is looking for an experienced Associate/VP for a Sales position. The salesperson will work primarily with the sales and credit trading desks, capital markets and research teams to cover institutional clients who invest and trade in leverage finance products such as bonds, loans, reorg equities, bankruptcy trade claims and structured product. The institutional client universe for the group includes primarily hedge funds who engage, not only our IG/HY/Par Loan/Distressed Credit traders, but also traders across the FICC platform including EM, Municipal Bonds, Mortgages, etc. The position is located on the trading floor and includes regular interaction with clients in both a primary and backup coverage role. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with salespeople, traders, capital markets and research analysts (both publishing analysts and non-publishing desk analysts) in delivering our assets and capabilities to our clients, including the generation and sharing of trade ideas and the execution of both primary and secondary transactions.
- Establish and develop client relationships in the role covering clients directly and partnering with senior salespeople in covering their accounts.
- Min 1-2 years of experience supporting a markets product
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong client facing skills and ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with attention to detailed execution
- Outstanding communications skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently; highly motivated and self-driven
- Comfortable in fast-paced and changing environment, with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong PowerPoint, Word, Excel skills
- Work with senior Distressed Credit salespeople covering institutional investors, primarily Hedge Funds.
- Help write recaps summarizing market activity and related commentaries.
- Help senior salespeople identify relevant BAML-generated strategy publications that should be highlighted to institutional investors.
- Develop relationships with institutional investors so that client is comfortable with back-up coverage when lead sales coverage is out of the office.
- Price and execute trades.
- Work closely with all traders across the FICC platform to distribute desk axes and communicate priorities to our hedge fund clientele.
1st shift (United States of America) Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role