Associate/VP - Credit Risk (Risk Management) CRE Lending
Vice President Qualifications:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The cornerstone of Morgan Stanley's risk management philosophy is the execution of risk-adjusted returns through prudent risk-taking that protects Morgan Stanley's capital base and franchise. Risk Management protects the Firm from exposure to losses resulting from defaults by our lending and trading counterparties.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and Firm Risk Management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
This is a multi-faceted role responsible for coverage of Commercial Real Estate (CRE) transactions, including both direct CRE-secured lending and CRE Warehouse products secured on all property types.
The principal responsibilities include the evaluation of new transactions, managing a rapidly growing portfolio of existing loans, and monitoring ongoing syndication activities to manage balance sheet usage.
Fulfillment of these responsibilities involves:
- Manage and assess new CRE transactions for both direct lending as well as warehouse, particularly presenting an independent assessment and recommendation on the credit quality of proposed transactions including proposed rating and credit appetite
- Lead officer in collaborating with origination teams on structuring and documentation for proposed transactions ranging from $100MM to $1Bn+ in financing
- Presentation to Credit Senior management, the Firms Credit Committee, and other internal and external stakeholders
- Assess progress of syndication efforts against proposed and approved targets
- Review of due diligence and involvement in due diligence sessions including asset site visits and -coordinating with internal appraisal review team
- Monitor and manage existing portfolio of CRE transactions including periodic reporting of risk profiles, trends, industry developments and concentrations