Associate/Senior Associate, Americas Communications
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Job Description:
Fitch Group is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and self-starting Communications Associate/Senior Associate to join our Corporate Communications team in New York, supporting media activities throughout the US, Canada and Latin America. The Fitch Group Corporate Communications team is responsible for helping to protect and advance the firm's reputation, through the promotion of Fitch's research, ratings and thought leadership. We frequently work with a wide variety of global media, including: top tier global print/broadcast outlets, business and trade media and national and local newspapers. The global team is responsible for supporting all of Fitch Group's businesses spanning more than 30 countries. This is a growth role with opportunities for promotion and career development for the right candidate over time.
The Communications Associate/Senior Associate plays an important role in helping the Corporate Communications team deliver on its central role to protect and enhance Fitch's reputation with key stakeholders such as journalists, investors and other market participants - as well as the public. As part of an integrated team, you will also work closely with specialists in marketing, internal communications, content distribution and web teams to deliver optimal visibility for a range of stakeholders. We seek to optimize Fitch's visibility through topical, timely and effective communications delivered with strategic focus and strong operating discipline. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and develop in a fast-paced and supportive working environment. Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior team members on the execution and management of media relations supporting three of Fitch Group's core businesses, with the opportunity to assume full, independent responsibility at the appropriate time
- Engage with media alongside senior team members to coordinate incoming media inquiries and conduct proactive media outreach
- Contribute to the development of Fitch's media strategy
- Identify media opportunities including editorial calendars, topical themes, journalist moves and emerging trends
- Serve as a broadcast media contact point for coordinating all analyst television and radio interviews
- Ad hoc event support, partnering with colleagues in Web, Marketing and Events to maximize impact of media results for website, social feeds and related marketing collateral
- Management of press lists, overflow support for team members with press release distribution, preparation of media briefings
- Compile daily media summary
- Media monitoring, measuring and reporting. This includes reading, understanding and interpreting press coverage and accurately accessing its importance and / or relevance and compiling ad hoc campaign and monthly reports on media activity and results across Fitch Group as required
- Contribute to writing projects including pitches, press releases, white papers and op-eds
The successful candidate must be results-oriented, with strong writing, strong organization and an acute attention to detail. Experience executing media relations programs in financial services is a plus. In addition to:
- 1-3 years PR work experience in an in-house or agency role
- Experience/exposure to all aspects of account management and client service
- Background in the financial services/ b-to-b/professional services sectors in a PR/media capacity
- Dynamic self-starter and comfortable assuming responsibility and accountability for projects
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail and the ability to see projects through to completion
- A team player with strong verbal and interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain composure and quality work while under deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with current and emerging social/digital media trends
- Bachelor's degree
- Based in New York City area
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .