Associate- Investment Banking- Global Beauty & Personal Care
Group Description :
Jefferies Consumer & Retail Group provides a full suite of advisory and capital markets capabilities to clients across a number of sectors, including consumer products, food & beverage, food service & restaurants, and retail. The Global Consumer & Retail Group consists of a team of approximately 30 bankers focused on providing services to clients in these industries in North America, Europe and Asia. Operating within Consumer & Retail, the Beauty & Personal Care Group is a lean team that covers consumer products across Skincare, Hair Care, Color Cosmetics, Beauty Specialty Retail, Beauty Supply Chain, OTC and Wellness Consumer Products. Position:
The Global Beauty & Personal Care team is actively looking for an experienced Associate to help support the industry coverage team in New York, NY. The candidate will be working closely with senior members of the Beauty & Personal Care Group in a sector with significant M&A, equity and leverage finance deal activity. Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate in the execution of equity and debt financings, M&A, and restructuring and recapitalization transactions.
· - Ability to operate as project / deal team lead, driving the work product and transaction processes.
· - Perform financial valuation, discounted cash flow, pro forma merger, precedent transaction, and comparable companies analyses.
· - Prepare pitch books and live deal materials, including offering memoranda, confidential information memoranda, management presentations, lender presentations, and prospectuses.
· - Analyze detailed corporate and financial information, as well as conduct due diligence.
· - Develop client relationships through deal execution and pitching. Qualifications Required Background:
· - Either (i) an MBA plus 1+ years of investment banking experience as an Associate or (ii) a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university plus 3+ years of investment banking or consulting experience; relevant advisory and consumer & retail / industry experience will also be considered.
· - Experience in consumer & retail, specifically consumer products and/or food & beverage, is a plus, but not mandatory
· - Excellent financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and accounting skills / knowledge.
· - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· - Detail-oriented with exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
· - Ability to lead a variety of transactions and projects simultaneously.
· - Resourceful self-starter; able to work autonomously.
· - Demonstrated team player and leader.