Assistant Vice President, Risk Governance Committees
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Risk Management within Citi. These include, but are not limited to, the firm's risk identification, risk appetite, and risk governance frameworks; the new and modified product approval framework; risk regulatory affairs and risk governance committees; risk controls and issue management; risk reporting and data governance; and risk organization strategy.
As part of this function, the Regulatory Affairs and Governance Committee team leads proactive oversight of Risk Management efforts to deliver timely and best-in-class outcomes against regulatory expectations in addition to supporting firm-wide risk governance committees.
The current opening is for an Assistant Vice President level candidate to join the Governance Committee team and support the management and review of contents that are presented at the Group Risk Management Committee (GRMC) and CBNA Risk Committees. The GRMC is the senior executive-level governance committee, which provides comprehensive firm-wide coverage of credit and market risk in the trading book and oversees all risks from a risk appetite and risk governance perspective. The CBNA Risk Committee is the senior executive level committee responsible for reviewing the CBNA Risk Appetite Framework, thresholds, and usage against the established thresholds. The Committee is also responsible for reviewing reports designed to monitor market, credit, operational and other risk types that impact CBNA.
• Support the management of communications, material development and agendas supporting the GRMC and CBNA Risk Committee
• Monitor governance responsibilities for the GRMC and CBNA Risk Committee and oversee follow-up items
• Provide guidance to internal stakeholders on presentation materials submitted to ensure effective, appropriate and accurate communications
• Interact and communicate with senior management to identify key topics of interest to bring to the GRMC and CBNA Risk Committee
• Synthesize key findings and recommendations into clear and succinct presentations for the CRO and Risk Management Executive Council as well as other internal & external forums
• Assist in executing high priority strategic/regulatory ad hoc projects across their lifecycle by identifying and structuring problems, analyzing root causes, developing solutions, communicating project results, and obtaining buy-in for change
• Develop strong working relationships and effectively partner with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the organization (business & functions) to accomplish goals
Position provides a unique vantage point to gain a firm-wide perspective across all businesses (ICG, CCB, GCB) and risk types (credit, market, liquidity, and operational, as well as strategic). The role provide the privilege of working closely with Citigroup and CBNA senior management, as well as other functions including Finance, Internal Audit and Legal. The position also provides the opportunity to engage in high profile initiatives and mandates from the Citigroup and CBNA CROs and Risk COO, which allows for direct involvement in some of the most critical strategic projects throughout the Risk organization and the entire firm. Job Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Quantitative/analytical skills with a working knowledge in the principles of credit, market, liquidity, operational, strategic risks and finance
• Exposure to basic risk management measures such as OSUC, PSE, NCL, LLR, CVA, VaR
• General knowledge of credit, market, retail, corporate, investment banking products
• Superior writing skills, able to effectively present in text or slide format
• Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and partner with stakeholders to achieve results
• Ability to quickly assimilate and analyze large amounts of information
• High attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Ability to quickly learn new concepts and pick up business knowledge
• Proactive and highly motivated with the ability to multi-task productively and to work independently as well as collaboratively
• High proficiency in MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent organizational, follow-up and time management skills. Previous experience in project management a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .