- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Vice President - Training & Intstructional Design
Location: New York, NY, USAThe AVP, Global Compliance Training is a non-supervisory role located in New York City, reporting to a VP, Compliance. The AVP focuses on learning content creation and program management, partnering with compliance, regulatory affairs and legal staff, policy content owners, business managers, learning organizations, learning vendors, and other stakeholders to develop and maintain training materials, courses and communications on compliance, legal and regulatory policies and procedures and either deliver or support the delivery of training as needed.
The incumbent in this hands-on role will:
- Develop and deliver compliance and policy related training in instructor-led, blended and interactive WBT formats using internal and external resources, both directly (using content authoring tools including Articulate Storyline 360) and by managing vendors
- Develop and apply expert knowledge of the learning management system to ensure that modules and curricula are uploaded and assigned correctly
- Redesign and adapt existing PowerPoint formatted compliance-related training content into ILT modules, tutorials, and interactive e-learning modules.
- Conduct beta and pilot test processes for new compliance-related courses and incorporate changes as necessary
- Work with the subject matter experts in designing and developing assigned training projects
- Develop train-the-trainer modules and on-the-job training aids and presentations for policy related training sessions that will be delivered by non-training professionals
- Support compliance leaders in delivering ILT and web-based training, including coordination of training resources and facilitation of WebEx sessions
- Develop assessment questions based on course learning objectives to measure learning transfer
- Gather data and complete analysis of post implementation feedback and measures of success
- Use the learning management system (Cornerstone) to test, deploy, and measure courses and curricula
Additionally the incumbent in the role will:
- Create and be responsible for the on-time completion of project plans and schedules for courses and presentations owned or purchased by Compliance Training
- Partner with Policy Governance, compliance officers, and policy content owners to monitor changes in regulations or policies and update / revise related training materials as necessary
- Be innovative in finings ways to communicate and reinforce the staff's policy/procedure knowledge
- Contribute as needed to the development and implementation of the Enterprise Compliance Training strategy and global curriculum.
- Assist in the evaluation and SME review of purchased courseware; manage the approval process, if selected
- Participate in department communication teams that produce policy awareness campaigns, the department newsletter and other messaging about compliance and ethics topics for the global staff
- Contribute to developing tools and aids for use by the Compliance Training Department staff
- Contribute to developing relevant compliance policies and procedures applicable to the Compliance Training function
- Minimum 10 years' experience developing, delivering and facilitating training in a corporate environment. Experience in developing compliance or regulatory training a plus. Experience developing courses for a global audience a plus
- BA or Master's degree in instructional design, instructional technology, HRD, business, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in instructional design and training methodologies, adult learning theory, learning needs analysis, content analysis, writing learning objectives, curriculum design, designing application exercises / interactivity, content authoring tools, learning assessments, and course evaluation (Kirkpatrick)
- Demonstrated skill developing content in Articulate Storyline 360 and other content creation tools and platforms
- Keen design aesthetic demonstrated in work samples and technical interview
- Experience with blended learning techniques and designing online training for live webcasts and asynchronous WBT
- Proficient in drafting storyboards and instructional content; hands-on instructional design experience
- Experience using a learning management system and assessment tools
- Experience developing and measuring course/knowledge assessments
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communications and relationship building skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Willingness to learn new tools and technologies
- Proven project management experience on projects that include team members from outside departments and vendors
- Experience with virtual classroom tools such as WebEx and Adobe Connect preferred
- Some experience with graphic tools such as Photoshop, Snagit, etc. a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.