Assistant Vice President - On-Site Controls Analyst
The Management of BNP Paribas has committed to ensure compliance with AML / Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the U.S.: Group Financial Security US ("GFS U.S.").
The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with U.S. Sanctions;
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to U.S. Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs;
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group;
- Providing advice on situations linked to U.S. Sanctions across the Group;
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the U.S. Sanctions - related alerts;
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo / sanctions lists;
- Risk assessing the Group's branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight;
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS U.S .
Responsibilities of the On-Site Controls ("OSC") team (from Group Financial Security - On-Site Controls Charter):
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of the Financial Security framework within the BNP Paribas Group.
- Assess if BNP Paribas's branches, affiliates and global business lines comply with regulations / Group requirements in the area of Financial Security.
- GFS OSC is based in New York and Paris. GFS OSC is comprised of experienced reviewers who travel internationally to execute a risk-based compliance review plan.
- GFS U.S. On-Site Controls is primarily responsible for reviewing compliance with Financial Sanctions and in particular OFAC-specific requirements for entities not in the GFS Paris OSC scope.
GFS Paris OSC leads reviews on Financial Security (Financial Sanctions, Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Anti Bribery and Corruption) for all businesses and entities in France, Belgium, Italy, Luxemburg and Germany or belonging to the Domestic Market Operational perimeter supervision. Position overview:
The OSC AVP will report to a GFS U.S. OSC Vice President (VP).
The OSC AVP as p art of a team, will undertake review assignments in accordance with an approved plan; provide a high level of assistance in the conduct of reviews; and contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of stakeholder relationships.
Primary duties and responsibilities :
In this role, your primary responsibilities include:
- Performing assigned review scoping and test work, under the supervision and guidance of the OSC VP/Team Lead.
- Assisting in the drafting of findings, remedial action plans and review reports.
- Delivering review assignments that adhere to methodology and quality standards.
- Demonstrating strong and effective time management.
- Participating in the enhancement of OSC's professional practices (methodologies, test plans, RAPs and Review QA etc.)
- Supporting OSC U.S. in executing special and ad-hoc projects.
This position requires at least 25-30% international travel to countries where BNPP has offices, operations, or business interests which may include developing countries. Extended stay up to five (5) weeks may be required.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a Group-wide function in a highly visible position. Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3 + years' experience in a General Inspection/Audit role.
- 4 - 7 years' experience in a complex global financial services organization.
- Ability to travel internationally and comply with travel visa requirements.
- High ethical standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills.
- High level of detail orientation and organization.
- Flexibility to adapt to new changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated track record in self-initiative and time management.
- Undergraduate degree, finance or business related majors.
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Professional certifications: CIA, CISA, CAMS, CFE, CFA, etc.
- Experience in Compliance with a strong knowledge of OFAC requirements.
- Working knowledge of banking products and services.
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization.
- Working knowledge of automated auditing techniques.
- Foreign language skills a plus in particular French.
- Graduate degree.