Assistant Vice President - Norms and Procedures Sanctions Training Support Officer
The Management of the BNP Paribas has committed to ensure compliance with AML/Embargo & Sanctions rules within the entire Group. In this context, Group Compliance has decided to have a strong and permanent set-up within the US: Group Financial Security US ("GFS US"). The objectives of this unit include:
- Having the responsibility for the BNP Paribas Group framework in relation to Compliance with US Sanctions.
- Ensuring a legal watch in relation to US Sanctions in liaison with Legal Affairs.
- Issuing norms, policies and procedures in relation to Sanctions and applicable across the BNP Paribas Group.
- Providing advice on situations linked to US Sanctions across the Group.
- Acting as the ultimate level of management of the US Sanctions - related alerts.
- Acting as the sponsor of tools used to filter flows against embargo/sanctions lists.
- Risk assessing the Group's branches & affiliates regarding non-compliance issues through a permanent risk oversight.
- Performing on-site controls within BNP Paribas Group to verify that BNP Paribas entities comply with norms issued by GFS-US.
The team is tasked with producing norms, policies and procedures relating to international sanctions - and the creation and delivery of global and targeted training against the same - to ensure a robust control framework and coherence among the different levels of controls for the Group.
Policies and Implementation:
- Upcoming Global Sanctions Policy
- Review of all Level 2 and Level 3 Group Procedures
- Global and Targeted Training
- Certification of Compliance Officers ["IFSCOs"]
- GFS US Website
- Standardize P&P terminology, establish issuance of Sanctions Notices and Guidance memos for clarification of Sanctions topics
The Norms and Procedures Sanctions Training Support Officer will support the Director - Training Lead to ensure a smooth and effective functioning of training projects. You will design, coordinate and conduct small and large scale training programs, and you will be expected to deliver training. This position requires 10% - 20% international travel. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a Group-wide function in a highly visible position.
Global travel - will vary throughout the year, but candidate must be open to some travel. Qualifications Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Support the development of a Group-wide Training curriculum
- Serve as a liaison with stakeholders from NY, Paris and around the world
- Administer Training through remote and in-person delivery
- Design training programs
- Design and prepare educational aids and materials
- Maintain website and SharePoint content and engage in Website Project management
- Maintain in-house training materials
- Assist and support Compliance in their responsibility for complying with all relevant Laws, Rules, Regulations and Group policies related to Sanctions
- Assist and support the Group Financial Security U.S. Team
- Familiar with both E.U. and US Sanctions policy
- Undergraduate degree, finance or business related majors
- 3 - 5 years' experience in a banking environment
- Working knowledge of banking products & services
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to a wide spectrum of external and internal audiences, including senior executives
- Experienced at distilling bank policies and procedures to produce training materials
- Experience with web-based content creation and project management
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods and techniques a plus
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to drive multiple initiatives to completion simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and embody firm values
- Graduate degree a plus
- Experience in Compliance with in depth knowledge of Sanctions and AML regime is highly desirable
- French language skills a plus
- Knowledge of BNP Paribas Group activities and organization a plus