- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Vice President -Communications Strategist, Corporate Communications
Location: New York, NY, USAThe AVP, Corporate Communication Strategist will develop and execute internal and external communications strategies to support legal and regulatory corporate communications matters.
- Strategic thinking : Develops and executes communications strategies to support a variety of corporate, reputational and regulatory initiatives.
- Relationship management: Interfaces with and supports global internal partners including Legal, Global Public Affairs, HR and others.
- Alignment: Develops positioning and messaging in alignment with communications and corporate objectives.
- Strategic insight: provides an external communications viewpoint/perspective to internal stakeholders. Provides guidance and recommendations on communications considerations for various issues.
- Manages inbound media inquiries for corporate communications issues and develops responses in coordination with internal stakeholders.
- Conducts media outreach for relevant topics. Builds and maintains media relationships.
- Develops intranet articles and posts, press releases, social media content, byline articles and other materials as needed.
- Contributes to global crisis communications planning and responses, including strategic recommendations and content.
- Develops and maintains media lists and databases for media outreach. Supports internal reporting activities.
- Undergraduate degree.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in communications, public relations, and/or journalism.
- Experience with legal and regulatory communications, especially in a corporate/financial services environment.
- Exceptional writing, editing and verbal communication skills. Experience
- developing internal and external communications materials.
- Strong positive attitude, with sense of self-motivation and accountability.
- Adaptable, flexible, and open to change.
- Strong technical/computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and SharePoint Software.
- English fluency/proficiency is essential; an additional language is helpful.
- Experience in media relations. PR agency experience a strong plus.
- JD, legal or regulatory background a strong plus.
- Familiarity with media relations tactics and the media environment, including social media and influencers.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.