- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Vice President
Location: New York, NY, USAWe have an opportunity for an Assistant Vice President with responsibility for credit analysis and ratings of a portfolio of insurance brokers/service companies and P&C carriers.
This is a challenging, high profile role responsible for monitoring a portfolio of rated companies in the Insurance Brokerage/Services and Property and Casualty (P&C) industries. The Analyst will assess the relative credit profile of individual companies in the portfolio based on expectations of financial condition, business, industry and macro risks, operating performance of the company, management strategy, and capital structure. The Analyst will present to rating committees initial rating recommendations as well as recommend changes to existing ratings and/or outlooks as appropriate.
The position requires the ability to develop insightful analytic opinions in published ratings and write thought-leading research on key aspects of the industry. As part of the rating process and market outreach, the Analyst will manage interaction with issuers, investors, and intermediaries alike and will also be responsible for mentoring and developing Associate Analysts on the team.
- Strong academic background, Bachelor's degree required
- 8+ years of increasingly responsibility in credit analysis, with an extensive understanding of the capital markets gained from a financial institution, public accounting firm, or equivalent
- Experience in assessing complex corporate and capital structures; ability to interpret financing documents and legal contracts
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with senior level executives (Treasurer, CFO, CEO), investors and intermediaries
- Perform and present in-depth credit analysis effectively on a regular basis at rating committees
- Write in-depth, high quality research on trends in the insurance brokers/services and P&C insurance sectors
- Develop Moody's franchise through outreach to key market players and development initiatives (e.g. conference participation)
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to work in a team environment
- Coach and develop associate analysts
- Master's degree/CFA preferred.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.