- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department (IAD) reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises financial, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
The Editorial Manager will support the Editorial team in a variety of roles and responsibilities aimed at helping the department communicate its findings to internal clients and its core message to the Board. These roles and responsibilities include editing and proofing, coordinating, and producing various quarter-end department reports. This is a full-time position at the Manager level, with standard working hours based in our midtown New York office.
- Maintaining and updating various internal reporting templates and guidelines to ensure consistent style, formatting, and branding
- Providing editorial assistance and performing editorial reviews of Audit Reports and Memorandums
- Creating and maintaining Department calendars for the production schedule of quarter-end reports
- Communicating key dates and expected deliverables to audit teams and Business Managers
- Collaborating with IAD Operations and Internal Audit colleagues on key data for quarter-end reporting, as needed.
- Assisting in standardizing and delivering the quarterly production of the Board Audit Committee report, and various other required periodic reporting
- Managing entitlements and access to the Department's report production tool
- Providing editorial tracking and maintaining a daily log of audit report activity for reporting to the Global Audit Director
- Creation/assistance in creation of training decks for global technical audit training including, for example, introductory classes for non-auditors, audit methodology updates, management communications training, etc.
- Delivery of certain training sessions, dependent on content
- Creation of Quick Reference Cards and Quick Reference Videos
- Maintenance of training materials on department's internal website
Initially the balance will emphasize the training element of the role, however as the candidate acquires experience in the IAD reporting process, the balance will shift towards the Editorial element.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- At least 3 years of editing experience in financial services, professional publishing or a Fortune 500 environment
- Experience in developing and producing management communications required; Board materials or training materials a plus
- Expert with formatting, layout, and pagination in MS Office suite
- Applies analytical thinking to create effective key messages
- Adept at multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Adapts rapidly to changing technologies
- Ability to absorb and recall quickly department standards and style conventions
- Ability to handle changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- A working knowledge of auditing, finance, banking or capital markets a plus