- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Nov 17
Assistant Director, Marketing
Location: New York, NY, USARole Overview:
The Assistant Director, with general oversight from their manager, supports Marketing for one or more line(s) of business within Moody's Analytics.
They are responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing programs that include content development and distribution to generate leads, accelerate the sales cycle, and build/strengthen relationships with our clients through multiple marketing channels. The Assistant Director works closely with many parts of the organization, including events & marketing and the product and sales teams to ensure the successful development, delivery and maximum impact of the annual business plan.
- Collaborate with stakeholders within assigned Lines of Business, Sales and Marketing, to develop and execute a strategic marketing plan that includes multi-channel campaigns for assigned solutions. Plans should include:
- Sales and LOB objectives for each assigned solution
- Learnings from market research and competitive analysis that informed the strategy
- Product releases/features/functionality which will be a focus of the strategy
- Target market and segments
- Product positioning in each target market/segment
- Compelling messaging to be used for each target market/segment
- Marketing, Public Relations and Events budget and resources needed to execute the strategy
- Results expected, and how those contribute to meeting the Sales and Vertical objectives
- Support the development of and keep up-to-date client, prospect and employee-facing content needed to deliver global solution marketing plan:
- White papers
- Social media
- Presentation decks
- Improve the coherence, clarity and consistency of our messaging by promoting a better understanding of our offerings through a "one Moody's Analytics" voice approach/filter
- Produce messaging that addresses our clients' highest and most complex business challenges.
- Begin to develop and show an awareness of thought leadership that expands company's opportunities and supports a complex sales process; maximize the impact of thought leadership content by incorporating it into key marketing campaigns
- Support the execution of the marketing strategy and plan by Marketing, Public Relations and Events teams, ensuring it represents full solutions and "One Moody's
- Working with the Analyst Relations & Awards marketing team, ensure each assigned solution gains an appropriate quantity and quality of coverage by industry analysts (e.g. Celent, CEB/TowerGroup, Chartis, etc.), and earns an appropriate number and quality of awards
- Empower stakeholders to meet or exceed their objectives with regard to each assigned solution by delivering the training and tools they need for each release and between releases
- Receive stakeholder requests for marketing support of the assigned solutions, and make recommendations as to whether they should be incorporated into solution marketing strategy and plan
- With limited direction, manage a mid-sized budget for assigned LOB to ensure maximization of ROI .
- Prepare post-campaign, monthly and quarterly marketing impact reports for senior management. Analyze marketing impact reports and historical sales data to recommend demand generation strategy.
- Execute primary and secondary research on market trends and competitive environments in the local market. Keep abreast of key regulatory developments affecting MA's customers and offerings to identify potential opportunities and threats.
- For assigned solutions, generate and monitor lead acquisition and management for the sales team, including lead capture, nurturing and assignment.
- Determine appropriate mix of online and offline campaign elements including email, webinars, search, social, and advertising with compelling CTAs to deliver pipeline goals
- Manage and communicate marketing goals, progress, and campaigns to Marketing and Sales organization regularly
- Partner with global product management team to refine marketing strategy and analyze campaign results to determine "best practices"
This position is part of the Global Marketing & Events Team at Moody's Analytics.
- Insurance and/or bank industry expertise
- Some B2B product marketing experience, ideally marketing complex enterprise software, financial services or analytics
- Proven ability to develop and implement marketing strategies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, delivering each on time and on budget
- Track record of taking initiative and driving projects through to completion
- Experience with both outbound, inbound and demand generation marketing tactics, including email, website optimization, online advertising, content, and SEM, and lead nurturing and scoring through marketing automation platforms such as Marketo.
- Knowledge of and an aptitude for CRM, marketing automation systems, web analytics
- Superb people skills with a proven track record of success interacting with colleagues in cross-functional teams
- Independent and creative thinker who can bring new ideas and perspectives to existing products
- Results-oriented and customer-oriented mind-set
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.