- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 18
Assistant Director - Senior Business Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAThis role will serve as lead business analyst for development projects, working with internal clients and the technology team to improve business processes and the capability and stability of software. The role is also responsible for assisting in the training and management of other team members.
- Help train, oversee and manage other members of team.
- Serve as lead business analyst for various development projects.
- Prioritize and delegate internal maintenance and enhancement items and track progress regularly.
- Interface between internal clients and technology/system administration teams.
- Solicit feedback from internal system/software users to improve business processes, capabilities and stability of system/software.
- Design and write specifications for new features according to client requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external system/software developers to ensure that new features are implemented according to specification and issues are addressed.
- Provide demonstrations of and documentation for new features in the system/software.
- Evaluate data availability and assess the needs of the various business partners including local, regional, and global leadership to optimize processes and reporting. Identify and leverage opportunities to enhance planning and reporting processes
- Where applicable, partner with external vendors (e.g. salesforce.com) to ensure a focus on implementation of best practices around cross-system data continuity, data hygiene, and business process definition
- Actively participate in process improvement initiatives related to operational processes
- Recommend and implement centralized tools that internal stakeholders can use to extract data/insights for daily business management in an automated manner
- Other projects, Development, and duties as identified
This role is part of the Business Systems Team within Moody's Administration.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in a related field required.
- 5+ years of relevant experience required.
- Salesforce.com administrative experience is required (certified Admin or Developer is a plus)
- Experience with MS Dynamics or other CRM applications is a plus
- Experience with credit risk or financial analysis and software.
- System/business analysis experience required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Must possess strong initiative and a get-it-done attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills , and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts
- Recognize the need for strict security of confidential information and be able to use good judgment and professional tact when handling sensitive and confidential matters appropriately and timely.
- PMP certification or strong track record of project management experience
- Ability to coordinate and assist large teams in resolving complex analytical and technical issues
- Strong track record of leading conversations with senior leaders to identify and resolve issues
- Excellent problem solver and independent thinker who has the ability to create innovative solutions
- Strong analysis/quantitative skills and the ability to translate analysis into actionable tasks
- Client focused, proactive and results oriented with ability to support clients across multiple location
- Strong Access/Excel skills
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with JIRA or other issue and project tracking software applications
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.