Assistant Director- Research
Job Description As an assistant director in research department, you will have the opportunity to join our Quantitative Research team which has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the risk and valuation arena. Specific responsibilities may include:
• Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of risk and valuation
• Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects
• Providing research support to the prototype implementation and software development activities
• Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- PhD or Master's Degree in quantitative fields including but not limited to Economics, Finance, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Operations Research, ECE, Computer science;
- Research experience with large data and machine learning;
- Proficiency in statistical analysis and programming tools such as R, Python, or Matlab;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation communication skills.
- Knowledge in economic and/or financial modelling is a plus;
- Knowledge on ESG or climate risk is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.