- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Assistant Director-Senior Research Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAThis role is responsible for driving content in research papers and projects published by the Credit Risk Analytics Group on topics related to asset management, risk management, machine learning in finance, and portfolio performance attribution.
- Contribute to the Credit Risk Analytics Group by assisting in the production of periodic, client-focused research papers and projects
- Assume responsibility and ownership for driving content in various published reports
- Perform industry and company analysis as well as financial modeling and maintenance of databases
- Provide timely and relevant risk research on topics related to asset management, risk management, and regulatory trends
- Speak with senior clients to obtain industry information and contribute to fulfilling the strategic objectives of the team
- Liaise with other research and sales teams
- A bachelor's degree in economics, finance, or a related field, MBA or PhD preferred
- CFA highly desirable
- 5-7 years of research experience (either academic or private sector) in the fields of economics/finance, working with large economic data sets
- Experience with or a sound understanding of the capital markets (particularly fixed income)
- Working knowledge of R, Stata, Python, or similar data management and statistical programming software is essential
- Strong quantitative aptitude, both theoretical and empirical, and proven analytical skills; strong knowledge of basic econometrics
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.