Asset & Wealth Management - Compliance Manager (Private Bank Latin America Offshore) - Vice President
The Wealth Management Latin America Offshore & GFG Compliance Team is responsible for the execution of the Compliance program for the Wealth Management Latin America Offshore & GFG Front Office and Client Service groups. The Private Bank Latin America division is comprised of 3 unique markets with a diverse range of activities and covering Non-Resident Alien clients in over 80 countries.
Working together with business partners across the Private Bank, and partnering with Legal, Oversight and Control, and other groups across the Compliance organization, we advise on applicable Compliance risks and related policies, ensure proper Compliance training and testing plans are executed, and support the Functions in the development of appropriate controls to mitigate applicable Compliance risks Key Duties and Responsibilities:
This consists in contributing to the continued build-out and enhancement of the Compliance program for the Wealth Management Latin America and GFG division through the various initiatives owned by the Wealth Management Latin America and GFG Offshore Compliance team or where the team contributes to the Global Compliance Program.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Assist business management in the development of policies and procedures designed to achieve and ensure compliance with firm and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver uniform compliance advice on a variety of topics including sales and marketing issues, cross-border issues, personal trading, Code of Conduct, licensing, and reputational risk.
- Undertake sufficient training to become a Code of Conduct Specialist and subsequently disposition employee approval requests for outside activities and non conforming gifts.
- Provide advice with respect to handling breaches of policy, client guidelines etc.
- Work in partnership with Legal, Risk, and Supervisory management teams.
- Identify and investigate potential rule breaches, coordinating corrective action with other control partners as required.
- Provide regulatory advice and support to supervisors and registered representatives in all offshore branches with reference to FINRA, SEC, and OCC rules and regulations.
- Receive, review and advise on customer complaints.
- Participate in submission of quarterly filings to FINRA for regulatory and customer complaints.
- Assist on Regulatory exams/inquiries/sweeps in the region.
- Work in close collaboration with Compliance colleagues across all regions, to build and maintain key relationships across the Compliance department, in order to promote a culture of engagement and connectivity and to implement a consistent set of practices and related standards.
- 8 - 10 years' experience in a Compliance role (or a control function such as Risk, Supervisory Management or Oversight & Control), preferably within the financial services industry.
- Professional maturity and confidence in engaging with and expressing a point of view.
- Quick learner with the ability to positively and creatively influence change.
- S panish or Portuguese Speaking.
- FINRA registered or willingness to sit for the series 7 & 63.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PPT) and collaboration tools (e.g. Share Point)
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong attention to detail; highly organized.
- Deadline driven; bring projects to completion on schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work streams