Asset & Wealth Management – Intelligent Digital Solutions – Data Science Team- Data Management- Analyst/Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading globalfinancial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four businesssegments including Asset& Wealth Management, Corporate and InvestmentBanking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset &Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Itsclients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors inevery major market throughout the world. The division offers investmentmanagement across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income,alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, thebusiness also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and bankingservices including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The J.P. Morgan Intelligent DigitalSolutions (IDS) Big Data and Analytics team uses machine learning and thelatest technologies to drive innovative solutions for data-driven investmentinsights, client engagements, and operational efficiencies across Asset &Wealth Management.
We are seeking a talented anddriven analyst/associate to help drive the acquisition and management of bigdata and the vendor ecosystem, including obtaining JPM proprietary data, marketdata, alternative data, and other newly sourced vendor data. This individualwill work closely with the data scientists on the team in supporting their dataneeds.
This role will span the entire datalifecycle, beginning with vendor engagement and strategic partnershipdiscussions as we look to obtain new data and capabilities to further innovate.In addition, this individual will focus on the ingestion and management of datavia writing the necessary code as well as working with/building the databasesand tools to capture and store the data. This role is a great opportunity to joina cutting edge AI team and gain both business and engineering experience.
Key Business Responsibilities:
- Researchdata providers to fulfil business needs or provide new capabilities & innovations,and support vendor negotiation process
- Identifyunique opportunities for strategic partnerships and acquisitions
- Completecompetitor and pricing analyses to evaluate which vendors to engage with
- Collaboratewith financial experts and software engineers to design data models
Key Technical Responsibilities:
- Builddata pipelines to pull together information from different source systems;integrating, consolidating and cleansing data; and structuring it for use in individualanalytics applications
- Owna wide variety of technical projects using a combination of Windows and UNIXbased applications, including big data technologies and relational databases aswell as several proprietary in-house file and database systems distributed overmultiple sites
- Workclosely with software engineering groups on schema, index, and query design tosupport application development
- Innovative/drivenapproach to solving problems with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Strongbusiness communication and writing skills
- Verywell organized and detailed oriented
- Experiencein Python
- Experiencein data manipulation and SQL queries
- Experienceworking with large structured and/or unstructured data sets
- Experiencewith Shell scripting and Unix
- Familiaritywith visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experiencewith Microsoft Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, Word, etc.)