Asset Management Operations, Head of Strategy, Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Asset & Wealth Management Background:
With client assets under supervision of $2.3 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management (AWM) is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world. AWM offers global investment management in equities, fixed income, real estate, hedge funds, private equity, liquidity, and multi-asset solutions. It also provides trust and estate, banking, and brokerage services to high net worth clients, and retirement services for corporations and individuals.
The Asset Management Operations Strategy team partners with the various AM Operations Line of Business, Core AWM operations functions (Business Management, Finance, Risk, Change Mobilization), Technology and Business leadership to drive the strategic transformation agenda, in line with the Asset Management business priorities and in line with AWM Operations principles, promoting global process consistency and standards, data driven processes and reusable solutions. Our Strategy is focus on evolving the organization's capabilities through the development and use of Intelligent Automations solutions, Operational Analytics, emerging Technologies and cross-industry solutions.
Functions & Responsibilities:
The Executive Director (ED) will lead the AM Ops Strategy team in close relation with the AM operations Management team, defining the overall strategic roadmap, promoting high-impact strategic initiatives with senior leadership across AM and AWM operations. The ED will actively manage junior team members and influence across a matrixed environment to identify and deliver initiatives in partnership with colleagues throughout the organization. He/She will also coordinate the production of strategic material, KPI and other related management information with our Business Management and Finance partners
- Use both vision and analysis to unlock business problems and build compelling fact-based strategic recommendations which successfully engage stakeholders
- Identify and scope strategic opportunities, help design solutions, and quantify potential bottom-line financial impact in partnership with Finance
- Advise and influence senior leaders / business executives on key decisions and major change initiatives
- Develop deep trust-based advisor relationships with key stakeholders
- Partner closely with AWM Ops Change mobilization team teams to leverage common solutions, tools and platform
- Partner closely with AWM Business management and Finance teams to develop strategic materials and KPI
- Partner closely with AWM Risk team to ensure solutions developed meet risk standards
- Interact with other high-performing teams within JPM to identify Bank wide solution opportunities
- Define and refine the team's service offering with a focus on repeatable, scalable, exportable practices and tools
- Develop junior team members both formally and informally, including serving as a mentor
- Innovative, forward thinker with knowledge of Operations flow and functions front to back
- Knowledge of emerging technology (Design, data, automation) and keen interest in constantly exploring newer technology solutions
- Knowledge in operational market infrastructure and ability to identify/conceptualize potential industry wide solutions.
- Consulting ability to determine context, collate relevant facts/data, analyze and coherently articulate the challenge, potential solutions and recommended solution
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to present fact-based recommendations in a clear, logical, and concise way; able to "tell a story" with data
- Vision, creativity, presence, and credibility. A collaborative and flexible style. Ability to interact effectively with senior Operations, Technology and Business sponsors
- Strong project and process management skills
- Transparent and honest approach to managing challenges
- Open to an environment of active 360 developmental feedback
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10 years' operational, technology and go-to market strategies for financial institutions
- Of total experience, 3-5 years should be of managerial experience motivating and leading teams
- Demonstrated track record of collaborating with technology to deliver impactful results that differentiate client and employee experience, meet or exceed business needs, and greatly improve operational capabilities
- Experience in design thinking and service design and/or consulting with a top-tier management consulting firm or an internal consulting/corporate strategy team, or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with bringing together cross functional teams and leading execution in an agile delivery model preferred
- Knowledgeable in digital product development, data science/analytics and/or Lean/Six Sigma concepts a plus