- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 19 Feb 19
Asset Management NY Investor Services (AVP-VP) # 122228
Background of Asset Management NY Investor Services Team:
The CSAM New York Investor Services team is seeking an AVP-VP level candidate to support various functions within the team. The Investor Services team provides support to various private equity and hedge fund products managed by CSAM in New York across a variety of global distribution channels. The Investor Services team is responsible for various client-facing activities including investor onboarding, separate account opening, sales/transfers of interest, facilitating the release marketing/offering materials, client inquiries and investor relations support. In addition to direct interaction with high net worth clients, the team regularly interacts with front office teams such as portfolio managers, product specials and relationship managers. The Investor Services team also interacts with internal teams, such as fund accounting, treasury, legal, tax, compliance and the liquids middle office. The team also works with several different third party administrators and is involved with oversight & governance and SLA tracking for each. The team is directly responsible for the AML Control Framework within the Asset Management business, which includes critical AML controls, KYC, sanctions/negative news screening, coordination of PEP's and Reputational Risk, monitoring of the AML Risk Appetite and KYC periodic reviews. The team also provides regulatory support for FATCA, AIFMD, Form PF, Common Reporting Standard, etc. Lastly, the team helps to manage CSAM investor reference data in various databases, which often gets used for AUM purposes and reports to distribution, front office and senior management.
- You will lead the end-to-end process of new investor onboarding and sales/transfers of interest in our private equity and hedge funds; includes coordination with GP's for the AM products, Tax Team, Fund Accounting, Product Specialists and Outside Counsel; ensure that all appropriate AML/KYC, suitability and assignment/assumption documentation requirements have been met
- Work directly with AM clients, COO teams, Fund Administrators, Distribution and Relationship Managers on a regular basis to support the new investor onboarding and sales/transfers process
- Help lead "running the business" activities within the AM NY Investor Services area, including offering kits, investor onboarding, transfers of interest, separate account set-up, investor inquiries, authentication of contact/wire instruction updates, regulatory inquiries, requests for statements, capital call/distribution schedules, client reference data management, RM trailer fee processing and other ad hoc requests/projects
- You will provide ongoing support of AML Control Framework and KYC for AM clients for various processes within the Investor Services area (onboarding, transfers of interest, separate account setup, periodic reviews and event-driven reviews); help monitor AML Risk Appetite thresholds; coordinate annual PEP reviews and Reputational Risk submissions; provide regular metrics report to senior management and the Financial Crimes Compliance committee
- You will lead a Center of Excellence Team responsible for client onboarding, transfers, investor correspondence, reference data management and ad hoc reports.
- You will coordinate various Investor Services projects.
- Oversight and governance of third party administrators for private equity and hedge funds including monitoring Service Level Agreement items and Key Performance Indicators/Critical Performance Indicators; maintain oversight and control tracking models for internal audit
- Manage process of hedge fund statements/contract notes/correspondence; lead fund administrators to ensure timely and accurate release of client correspondence; ensure that fund administrators follow SLA's for preparation and dissemination of client correspondence (statements, capital call notices, distribution notices, reports, contract notes, etc.) and hit all appropriate KPI's/CPI's
- You will handle the development and implementation of change control items within CS and third party administrators, such as new fields being added to our CRM, modifications to workflow tools, updates to investor portals and other system improvements; help to come up with automation and efficiencies for processes within the Investor Services area
- Compile and report Investor Services metrics to senior management and help to analyze trends and volumes
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- You have acquired 5+years of experience in the financial services industry
- Series 99 is a plus
- You possess excellent Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- You are familiar with Microsoft CRM database, Investran and business process workflow tools
- Experience with LexisNexis for negative news screening and public record searches
- Familiar with project management plans/timelines and business requirements documents
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills
- Comfortable conducting calls and leading meetings, both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and remain vigilant during periods of high volume
- You are organized, motivated, and demonstrate initiative.
- You are independent, flexible, with dedication to meeting deadlines.