Asset Management, Institutional Sales, Analyst/Associate, (New York)
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Our Team About The North America Institutional Asset Management Team:
The NAI team is focused on the business development and retention efforts for large institutional investors. We work with most of the largest corporations, governments, unions, endowments, foundations, and healthcare organizations in North America. We manage money for these Institution's defined benefit, defined contribution, and long term investment pools. We also manage relationships with large investment consultants who assist many Institutional investors. Program Overview:
The Institutional Sales Associate is an integral position within the Institutional Sales business. Associates work closely with client advisors and relationship managers to help facilitate the sales and relationship management process for Institutional clients of JPMAM. :
The role is meant for top performing Analysts or external candidates who are interested in a career in sales and relationship management with sophisticated investors. Responsibilities
- Partner with client advisors and relationship managers to support all facets of the sales and business development/retention process:
- Identify new business opportunities and upcoming product searches
- Create presentations for sales pitches across JPMAM's investment platforms
- Coordinate product teams and RFP processes
- Initiate prospecting and territory management efforts - research prospects within territory, keep client advisor abreast of client trends and industry developments
- Understand current client relationships and assist in better serving firms that do business with JPMAM
- Partner with marketing team on new product and insights campaigns
- Respond to client requests and manage client communications efforts to promote continuous sales dialogue and to build client relationships
- 3-5 years of relevant Investment Management or Asset Management experience
- Resourcefulness - Should be able to quickly form relationships and develop a key network of contacts to source information. Must be comfortable initiating projects and working under limited direction.
- Communication skills - Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills, must be able to effectively articulate ideas and complex investment strategies/ processes in a clear and concise manner. Must be comfortable interacting with clients during meetings and over the phone.
- Analytical skills: The ability to quantitatively analyze JPMAM's and the competition's products/performance.
- Investment knowledge - In order to effectively leverage the sales process, an Associate should have a strong understanding of investments and have the ability to quickly learn and effectively communicate JPMAM's product line-up.
- Must have or obtain FINRA Licenses Series 7 & 63 within 90 days of starting in role.