Asset Management - US Equities- Investment Assistant- Associate/Vice President
JPMorganChase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm withassets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations inover 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset& Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Bankingand Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader ininvestment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions,high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major marketthroughout the world. The division offers investment management across allmajor asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-assetand money market funds. For individual investors, the business also providesretirement products and services, brokerage and banking services includingtrusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Asset Management
AssetManagement is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions,financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritageof more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies,and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offerinvestment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Description
:Primarily support senior Portfolio Managers on the analysis and execution ofActively Managed US Equities Investment strategies.
This position presents aunique opportunity to learn about the portfolio management process by assistingin the daily implementation of a portfolio strategy. The role provides theassociate/VP with exposure to JPMAM products and investment professionalswithin US Equity.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- PortfolioImplementation - Develop an understanding of the investment process with theobjective of assisting the portfolio manager in implementing buy/sell decisionsby sending down orders in equities, futures, and treasuries, monitoring cashflows amongst various accounts, communicating with trading teams, and monitoringfutures hedging, etc.
- PortfolioMonitoring - Keeping abreast of portfolio positioning, market news, and trades,analyzing/reconciling position discrepancies, monitoring account guidelines andrestrictions, investment performance reviews; etc.
- Ad-hoc projects -Working with various individuals and groups on projects related to portfoliomanagement, including research initiatives, stock fundamentals and valuation,complex account transitions, transaction cost analysis, etc.
Paramount skills for thisposition are attention to detail, methodical approach to problem solving,highly numerate, and strong interest in financial markets. Best candidate wouldbe one who is self-motivated, able to execute on objectives, focused ongoals/results and is a team player. A large part of this role requiresliaisons with numerous groups within JPMAM; therefore strong interpersonalskills are crucial.
Ideal experience for thisposition does not require any previous investment management experience per se,but experience from some realm of the investment process support could bebeneficial. Most importantly the candidate should possess the aptitudeand the desire to learn things quickly.
The candidate should alsopossess strong technical skills, particularly in MS Excel. Familiaritywith Bloomberg is helpful. Coding experience with VBA preferred. Skills Developed
- Strong analyticalskills, high aptitude for numbers
- Ability toidentify trends though numerical analysis
- Strongunderstanding of JPMAM products and services
- Strongunderstanding of financial services industry
- Market dataservices knowledge
- Strong writtencommunication skills