Asset Management - Equities - LatAM Utilities/Real Estate Analyst - Vice President
JPMorgan Chase& Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Job Description
Equity analyst for the utilities, real estate and industrials sectors in Emerging EMEA and Latin America. Direct accountability for investment outcomes. Previous sector experience in a senior analyst role either in Asset Management or a closely related business is essential. Key Tasks
Skills and Experience
- Strategic analysis of investment opportunities in the Emerging EMEA and Latin America utilities, real estate and industrials sectors.
- Create and update company models, driving fundamental valuation signals based on a common long-term valuation methodology
- Work closely with portfolio managers to translate research insights into investment decisions; analysts are closely integrated into the investment process and are partly compensated on the relevant research signal and investment outcomes, including analyst-run funds
- Work closely with colleagues who are covering the same sectors globally
- Host one-on-one meetings with company managements and maintain a regular dialogue with companies under coverage
- Constant and pro-active communication with portfolio managers and other team members, both verbal and written; clear articulation of investment ideas and judgements
- Successful candidates should have at least 5 years of relevant investment experience; prior experience in the utilities and/or real estate sector is essential; prior experience in emerging markets is also desirable but not essential
- Key skills are analytical skill, measured investment judgement, decision-making, intellectual curiosity, intellectual honesty, teamwork, pro-active communication
- Successful candidates should be pro-active in finding new investment ideas as well as thorough in understanding, valuing and maintaining coverage on existing investments
- This is a demanding job requiring highly motivated individuals who are willing to work hard to build up their knowledge base, performance track record and credibility within the team.