Asset Management - Alternatives - Real Estate Portfolio Analytics- Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financialservices firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employeesand operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segmentsincluding Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, CommercialBanking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a globalleader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions,high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughoutthe world. The division offers investment management across all major assetclasses including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and moneymarket funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirementproducts and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts andestates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager ofchoice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide.With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core andalternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every majorworld market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firmscan match.
Within JPMorgan Asset Management-Alternatives, the selected candidate will be a member of the PortfolioAnalytics Team conducting analysis primarily for U.S. open-end funds managed byReal Estate Americas.
The Portfolio Analyst will be responsible for providing portfolio managers withstrategically ad-hoc analysis necessary to manage the fund and assist withbuilding and maintaining iterative tools used by management to make sectorallocation, capital structure, liquidity and strategic business decisionsthough fund modeling. The following core competencies areexpected of the Portfolio Analyst:
- Financial Modeling - Prepare liquidity sensitivity and stress analysis based on capital flows, transactions and other assumptions. Work with team members to build and maintain dynamic models for portfolio management decision making for both Real Estate and Mezzanine Debt Funds. Improve models by streamlining, automating and designing scenario analysis to allow portfolio managers to make better, quicker and more informed decisions. Help develop and maintain effective control processes surrounding models.
- Manage liquidity models, including base and stress cases. Assist with presentation of results at monthly oversight meetings.
- Capital Projects - Perform analysis of development budget forecasting and project asset allocations as projects near completion. Develop reporting to manage both time and monetary budgets for asset classes. Performance reporting - Work closely with management on quarterly and regional platform level reporting, benchmark comparisons as well as individual asset performance reviews for the purpose of hold sale analysis.
- Candidate must have demonstrated strong excel and analytical skills, as well as an ability to translate data into trends and present in a logical visual fashion. Written/Oral Presentation Skills - the Portfolio Analyst must possess strong written and verbal skills. The Portfolio Analyst will work closely with senior members of Real Estate Americas and hence be expected to respond clearly to upper management and client inquiries.
- Project oriented with demonstrated time management and ability to multi-task
- Minimum 5 years of experience (2 years real estate specific)
- Demonstrated excel modelling and strong analytical skills
- Exhibit knowledge of accounting and performance calculations
- Knowledge of VBA and Tableau a plus.