Asset Management - Alternatives- Special Situations - Alternative Credit- Market Facing- Associate/ Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co . is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2.7 trillion, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset& Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking .
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits. Asset Management:
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match. Our Business:
The recently formed Special Situations Group within the Alternatives Division of JPMorgan Asset Management is growing. The team recently closed on a $1,060M closed end fund. The business was started with the view to form a global Private and Opportunistic Credit business focusing on Event Driven, Stressed, Special Situations and Distressed Debt credit opportunities. The business is looking to raise and invest external investor funds across the credit spectrum targeting 15-20% asset level returns. Opportunity:
The opportunity is to join the investment team working closely with the Co-CIO's of the business and Global and European heads of research to drive idea generation, pipeline and execution of investment ideas and capital deployment. Requirements:
The business is seeking a US (New York) based analyst with experience in sales and trading of credit instruments. Financial valuation and / or credit analysis is a plus. Whilst flexible, the business is looking to recruit at the associate to VP level. Language skills whilst not a necessity would be accretive.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and is also comfortable being part of a larger team. Specifically the candidate will work with all members of the team both in NY and London (CIOs, other analysts, COO/middle office team) to collaborate on idea generation, sourcing and trading execution. If a deal/investment is pursued the research team will lead the diligence process to allow the candidate to continue to source/drive idea generation. The candidate will work with the team to provide data for market data/analysis to manage risk positions.
The expectations is that this person will represent the investment team and be "market facing" with many deal sourcing channels, including: Investment Bank trading desks, brokerage shops, advisory firms, and other credit or investment firms. There will be a time emphasis on networking and meetings with those channels. Key Responsibilities:
- Review a wide variety of credits (performing and distressed) to produce commentary and analysis to identify profitable trading opportunities and prevent losses
- Once assigned a potential investment is identified that meets the team's investment philosophy or criteria, the candidate will be expected to help gather data to populate the team's database of documents to ensure the team has proper information available including:
- Legal and Company reporting
- Preparation of other ad hoc support materials/presentations to the business
- The analyst is expected to build a strong network among a wide range of market counterparts including trading, financial and restructuring advisors, banks and companies
- Ensure that all activities are conducted in adherence with the relevant JPMAM / GSS policies and procedures as well as with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements
- Support business development, marketing and control initiatives as may be required from time to time by the GSS Co-CIOs
- Extensive networking / people interaction
- The position will require very frequent client contact, requiring excellent communication skills both oral and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
- This person is expected to develop or have a deep understanding of the product and underlying assets of the funds.
- Mature personality to enable various direct company and investor interactions
- A working knowledge of investment process/screening, portfolio construction and how credit asset allocations are structured
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- The highest ethical values in professional and personal conduct.