Asset Backed Securities, Associate Director/Director
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings Asset Back Securities (ABS) Group is adding a new Associate Director / Director level candidate to join our growing team. Reporting into team leadership, this person primarily assumes a dual role in both developing and maintaining cash flow models, as well as conducting credit analysis and rating ABS transactions. Asset classes may include auto ABS (loan/lease/dealer floorplan/fleet/rental car), equipment loan, timeshare loan, aircraft operating lease, utility tariff, student loans, unsecured consumer loans and asset-backed commercial paper conduits. The position requires experience in constructing/building ABS cash flow models, and asset and liability cash flow analysis across ABS sectors.
Additional responsibilities include authoring market commentary and related research, leading or serving as a credit committee member in reviewing and assigning ratings to ABS transactions and participating in criteria development and enhancements.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Developing, testing, implementing, and documenting various ABS models that address default projections, asset cash flow generation, and transaction waterfalls.
- Leading initial and subsequent analysis of critical credit, legal and structural elements of asset-backed transaction structures.
- Producing quality internal and external written reports including credit committees, criteria, special reports and market commentary.
- Communicating Fitch rating methodology and criteria to market constituents including issuers and investors.
- Leading and/or supporting research and database management projects.
- Maintaining assigned rating relationships.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in finance, economics, computer science or other quantitative disciplines
- Solid quantitative and modeling experience in Excel and VBA
- Proficiency in Word
- 2+ years experience in ABS modeling
- Ability to solve problems using critical, rational and creative thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly convey technical modeling concepts
- Self-motivation and ability to manage timelines across multiple projects
- Thorough attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Previous exposure to credit rating analysis or credit modeling a plus
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp