An innovative Fintech specializing in derivative risk analytics and margin optimization is looking to hire a Application Support Engineer for their NY office. The client is an established firm with a start-up mentality and looks to hire smart and driven candidates with a solid understanding of derivative products. They service OTC, Listed, Cleared & Uncleared derivatives with a variety of pre- and post-trade products.
This role is ideal for someone who has experience diagnosing and troubleshooting software related issues and wants to move into a smaller firm where they can work with clients, tech and operations team and have a clear impact to the business. Responsibilities include:
- Acting as a conduit between clients and the business. You will develop an understanding of a client's software related issues then diagnose and troubleshoot the issues accordingly.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot software related issues
- Provide helpdesk contact and liaison for support queries.
- Organize helpdesk and support queries based on severity and response criteria.
- Manage relationships with clients to ensure software issues are resolved in an efficient and timely manner
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Application Support function
- Experience working with SQL in a Linux/Unix Environment
- Ability to liaise with different teams including Tech, Operations and Sales.
- Experience in a client facing role.
- Any experience using Docker or Python is a plus
- Any AWS experience is a plus.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for someone working in a bank to transition to a commercial role within a growing and innovative fintech firm.
- You will have the opportunity to be the face of the company at industry events, building your own personal brand and name in the market.