- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 22 Jan 18 2018-01-22
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
The Morgan Stanley (www.morganstanley.com) Market Data Support Team is part of the real-time marketdata production management group, which is responsible for support, and maintenance of the core marketdata platforms. The Operations team is integral to this group supporting our in-house distribution system called Filter, Low-latency vendor systems like Exegy/Redline, which is used to supply real-time data to our clients. The direct exchange feeds, vendor feeds and in-house feeds which make up the inputs to this system are also supported by operations.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills, broad sense of ownership and proactively are a must. Ideally in-depth knowledge of Market Data processing technologies, preferably acquired by working within an Investment Banking environment.
Responsibilities include -
- Act as the primary interface representing the firm interests with Exegy/Redline or any other Real Time Market Data platform that is implemented.
- Be accountable for all real-time Market Data low latency and other plant operational issues.
- Working alongside the existing team members.
- Work closely with downstream consumers of the data
- Vendor liaison for change and incident review.
- Monitoring and outage management on a daily basis.
- Work with Real-time development team to manage the interaction and change within this environment
- Manage the Marketdata support hotline
- Work with the business and technology teams to develop/review functional and technical specifications.
- Fault finding based on problem tickets and direct escalation from users and other IT groups.
- Working with feed integration teams within marketdata to facilitate checkouts of changes made by these groups.
- Provide on call coverage as required
- Maintain monitoring processes to be used globally
- Manage or participate in the implementation and rollout of new services and products.
- Perform software decommission, installation, upgrades in accordance with Morgan Stanleys Change Control Procedures.
- Support global Market Data teams as part of a follow the sun support model
- Act as an escalation point for Level 1 support team escalating to regional team as appropriate.
- Provide validation service for the implementation and rollout of new services
- Document, implement and adhere to operational and technical standards, best practices, processes, and procedures
(problem/change/release/request management/service/time reporting)
- Understand and apply contractual and operational requirements
- Assist with identifying and implementing areas for improvement within existing operational and technical processes and maintain related documentation
- Log Tickets and outages to track work flow.
-Minimum of 3 to 4 years in IT, 2 years Market Data experience preferably within an Investment Banking environment- Good understanding of Unix/Linux operating platforms
- Strong Unix shell scripting skills. Perl programming is a big plus.
- Knowledge of Unix surveillance and troubleshooting tools ( netstat, mpstat) and file search facilities (grep, awk).
- Familiarity with Unix system administration and security
- Experience providing support services in a complex environment
- Experience with Network and real-time messaging technologies
- Multicast, TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP plus client-developed data distribution platforms
- Good network diagnostic skills
- Market Data Content Knowledge to effectively respond, investigate and follow requests, issues from end-users
(e.g., traders and dealing room client management).
Examples of the content knowledge includes:
- Understanding of market data categories, e.g., Equities, options, futures, mutual funds, fixed income, etc.
- Understanding of market data concepts, e.g., Quotes, permissioning, level 1 quote and level 2 quote differences, basic structure of an order book,
different types of markets, etc.
- Understanding of trading, e.g. buy, sell, short, call, put, spread
- Understanding of special conditions, e.g., trade halts, corporate actions, IPO, stock splits, etc.
Nice to have skills:
- Knowledge of databases
- Sybase, Informix
- SQL programming
- Experience with market data content from various vendor providers, e.g., Reuters, Bloomberg, etc.