- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18
Analyst (Structured Finance)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The individual will be primarily responsible for analyzing the quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of CLOs and other corporate asset securitization transactions, producing publishable research and undertaking special projects intended to enhance Moody's analytics and research. The candidate will be expected to lead rating committees and offer his or her analysis of the potential credit impact of the terms of the transaction documents and conduct appropriate market dialogue around transactions credit analysis.
- Act a lead rating analyst for cash flow CLOs and other corporate asset securitization transactions. Model cash flows and analyze transaction documents for the purpose of determining credit risk and ratings
- Communicate with clients, including arrangers, issuers, investors, and outside legal experts
- Represent the team in operational reviews, issuer and investor meetings
- Write publishable research, including transaction-related reports, articles and in-depth reports on credit issues affecting the industry
Moody's Corporate Asset Securitization New Ratings Team in the structured finance department is responsible for assigning new ratings to a wide variety of transactions that are backed by corporate, commercial or esoteric assets. Examples of asset classes covered by the team include leveraged corporate loans (CLOs), repackaged or structured notes, equipment leases and loans, aircraft leases and loans, rental car/truck and fleet leases, wireless towers, insurance premium loans, structured settlements, utility cost recovery bonds, and commercial PACE and solar contracts. The team produces timely and high quality research on developing trends and events in these asset classes through sector and issuer comments and in-depth research reports, and also participates in industry conferences and conducts investor/issuer meetings
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Financial Engineering or related quantitative field with some experience as a structured finance analyst or related occupation involving credit analysis for structured finance transactions. Master's degree is a plus
- Knowledge and some working experience understanding various legal documents for structured transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong modeling skills and ability to perform cash flow analysis using analytical tools
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views clearly and succinctly
- Professional, pro-active, collaborative, responsive
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Strong teamwork skills and work well with colleagues with different viewpoints
- Ability to work on own initiative, without the need for close supervision
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.